Businessman coupes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Businessman coupes

Anyone got any idea how many businessman coupes were produced in '50 and 51 ? ( glad I made you laugh ) Good thing there is a place to change stuff on this site

LANCASTER or BUST
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "
    1950 2R5
    1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Oh, Mr. Barrick, sir, you have given me a much needed ROFL laugh! Thank you so very much, I've had a rotten day. I'm sorry, I don't know how many businessman couples there were. But I hope you find out.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Anyone got any idea how many businesman couples were produced in '50 and 51 ?
      Good one Bob!

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Where's the decimal dude when ya need him?

55 Commander
        58 Transtar
        62 GT Hawk
        66 Cruiser

Comment

Anyone got any idea how many businessman coupes were produced in '50 and 51 ?
          Bullet-Nose Businessman Coupe units, per the 3rd Edition of The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-1975:

1950:
          Champion Custom: 1,562
          Champion DeLuxe: 2,082
          Champion Regal: 849
          No Commanders.

1951:
          Champion Custom: 2,429
          Champion DeLuxe: 961
          Champion Regal: 373

Commander Regal: 1 (yes, one!)

BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What makes you assume they stopped at couples? After all, the official name of the car was THREE PASSENGER COUPE. I'm thinking threesomes...

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
            '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Thanks Bob ....figured you'd know

LANCASTER or BUST
              1950 2R5
              1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks Bob ....figured you'd know
                You're welcome, Bob.

I forgot to clarify the one oddity; why the Customs outsold the Deluxes in 1951 but not 1950. Business Coupes were generally bought by guys on a tight budget, so you'd expect the lowest-price one to always sell the best, but that wasn't the case in 1950.

That was likely due to the Custom not being available the whole model year. The low-price Custom line was a mid-year 1950 introduction, so the DeLuxe Business Coupe had a head start and undoubtedly soaked up a lot of early sales that might have been Customs, had they been available during the whole model year. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I ran away from home in 1962 and was hitch-hiking to Fla. on Highway 27 out of Columbus ,Ga... ... I was crossing a bridge down there somewhere and an old Studebaker came cruising up out of the woods from the river down below...he gave me a ride... it was a Business Coupe.. I had to ride back up in the package tray as there were already three guys in the front. That wasn't bad. The bad part was that I was sharing the package tray with a big string of catfish! Jeeezz Marie... I stunk when I got out of that car!!

1955 President one owner
                  Moncks Corner, SC

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but you started it. One of my all-time favorite authors is William Price Fox and one of his best short stories is "Monck's Corner" It begins, "The best thing about Monck's Corner was leaving it." Read it and you'll laugh for hours.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                    PackardV8

Comment

I hear the same thing from my wife every day.... she works in the next town over and spends most of her time there....

1955 President one owner
                      Moncks Corner, SC

Comment

Working...
                      X