Now where does it connect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now where does it connect?

While working on the 63 Hawk, I accidentally disconnected a small spring. One end is attached to the steering column in the engine compartment and I'm not sure where the other end attaches. It looks like it should attach to the throttle linkage, but I'm not sure exactly where. Any help is appreciated. I looked in the shop manual and the chassis manual, but could not find it.

On my 62 GT this spring goes from the column around the P/S hoses, if so equipped, and back to the column. It is meant to keep the hoses away from the exhaust manifold. On mine the spring sort of resembles an old time screen door spring with a rubber sleeve around it.It appears to have come that way from the factory.

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I have seen those springs on other Hawks also. Some people who I've talked to suggest that they aren't from the factory but installed later by people in the service departments. Maybe there is a service letter about them?

Tim K.
      '64 R2 GT Hawk
      Tim K.
      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Thanks, thats a relief to know. Well, at least I got all the old gunk cleaned off that section while I was searching. Thanks, again.

Comment

The one on my 62 Hawk is missing Po replaced some of the ps hoses. Does anyone have a clear picture of this spring in position? with the sleeve on it. Thanks in advance Lou Cote[8D]

Comment

From Bob Johnstone's site: http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/Diagrams/PS2.JPG .
            Early Avanti's used something similar. I don't think you can get this style of pump hoses for the Avanti anymore. Part #'s for the clamp may be in the early Avanti parts book, (white cover).
            Mike M.

Comment

Working...
            X