dome light switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dome light switches

I am stockpiling parts in order to do an end-to end wiring job on the 52 hot rod. So get ready for a bunch of stupid questions the next few weeks....

I think my door jamb switches are OK. The still spring back anyway. Will these work OK on a 12 volt system you think? I can get new GM peg type switches, but the hole in the Stude A pillar is already too big.

Dan
    52 hardtop

Check them with a resistance meter. If they work they will work fine regardless of voltage.

Comment

They will work fine with 12V...in fact ALL your switches will work fine. The switch doesn't know if it is seeing 12V or 6V.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Pay attention ONLY to amperage.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thanks all. I am reading my wiring book nightly. Also got a good source for a generic harness with nice tech support. Can't wait to get started.

Dan
          52 hardtop

Comment

A switch is just a means of opening and closing a circuit; it don't care.

If anything, the switch from a six-volt vehicle will handle more load than one from a twelve-volt. If your rod will be twelve-volt, run with it. Add more lights if you want.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X