Looking for a Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Room

'Finally got the details worked out in the last 24 hours about squeezing in both Lancaster and The 2008 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. It's tight, but I wouldn't want to miss either one...we have to get The Plain Brown Wrapper R3 Challenger to Stanton now that it has a genuine Powershift in it, to see if Ted can improve the 60' times and get in the 11s with any regularity.

Anyway, myself and one (or possibly two) others need one room at Lancaster for Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday. 'Looks like we'll be arriving Monday during the day and leaving for home after concours Thursday. Any leads/ideas/offers would be appreciated. BP

EDIT an hour later: No sooner said than done; 'called the host hotel and they had a room available since those were the only three nights I wanted. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks anyway; 'see everyone there! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Shouldn't be a problem for a presidential hopeful.... [}]

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21769

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Bob, glad to know that you are coming along witth friends. I'd like to make a suggestion for a little stop on the way. I am sure that you will be coming across I-80 and then down th harrisburg on US 322 so why not come to the monument rededication at the Studebaker Homestead in Adams County. Show does not start until about 1430 and will be done around 1600 so we can make it make for the Welcome Night Buffet. If you want to do that and need directions let me know outside of here and I'll send then to you.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Bob, glad to know that you are coming along witth friends. I'd like to make a suggestion for a little stop on the way. I am sure that you will be coming across I-80 and then down th harrisburg on US 322 so why not come to the monument rededication at the Studebaker Homestead in Adams County. Show does not start until about 1430 and will be done around 1600 so we can make it make for the Welcome Night Buffet. If you want to do that and need directions let me know outside of here and I'll send then to you.
        Isn't the welcome night buffet Sunday, Don?

We won't be arriving until Monday; I've got to take a couple hours off after getting back from The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race with both The Plain Brown Wrapper and The Stude Tomato before heading to Lancaster.

(It's gonna be one helluva week, participating in both events...but certainly do-able.)

The Co-Operator Tech Session is Tuesday morning, right? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Marker Re-Dedication is Monday afternoon. Welcome Night is Monday 7:00PM-10:00PM. Co-Operator Session 10:00AM-Noon Tuesday.

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Bob, how much were the rooms at the host motel? Which is the least expensive in town?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by nels

Bob, how much were the rooms at the host motel? Which is the least expensive in town?
              I'm not sure which is the least expensive, Nels.

I was quoted the SDC Meet Rate of $99 plus taxes for the room (two double beds). Confirmation came in the mail yesterday: $109.89 per night including all taxes and charges.

'Can't be a whole lot cheaper elsewhere, and I like staying at the Host Hotel to keep SDC's numbers up, help the Meet Committee, and not have to drive there everyday from somewhere else.

You and Scotty going to make it, Nels? BP

Comment

Nels, if you check the following link from the International Meet
                web site, you will see, that the motels/hotels, that may close by,
                are the same as the Host....so if you are looking for "cheap" you
                may have to travel a bit, unless someone knows different:

glen
                Nowhere, AZ
                "Freedom Through Vigilance"

Comment

Glen, you are correct on the room rate issue for facilities close by the Host.

Nels, please also check out [u]http://www.padutchcountry.com</u>

This site is the official tourist site for Lancaster County and many more motels are listed here. Some of these are within several miles of the Host Resort and are very clean and affordable Mom and Pop operations. To be listed on this site they must meet the Convention and Tourist Beauru's standard which is rather high. Hope this helps.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                  X