Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrainers for Script and Crest

Hi everyone,

After I received new "Silver Hawk" scripts and crest from Studebaker vendor for my '57 Silver Hawk's trunk lid doesn't come with some retrainers. I emailed and asked them about missing retrainers. I got reply from vendor and I was told that they don't sell retrainers.. just go to local hareware to get retainers. I don't know what does it look like. Do you know where do I can order them?

Thanks again! Steven

Self tapping "speed nuts" or clips will work. They cannot sell you the original clips, as they were for "flat" straight pins and some were barrel clips that went inside of the hole.

And I have to applaud Ed (S.I.) for keeping the Studebaker concept of selling almost everything INDIVIDUALLY just as they did! You just need to understand that nothing "COMES WITH" anything! That way you are free to buy only what you need. So if you have 3 clips and only need 2, you do not pay for all 5 needed or not! [^]

The new REPRO nameplates have stronger pins that are larger, tapered and round, and require different size clips.

When used on doors such as GT Hawk Scripts, rear panels and Decklids, they should be the self sealing type with a gasket incorporated in the design, or add a gasket under it.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This is one persons's attempt to solve the problem.

I cut a butter tub lid into 1/2 inch squares, poked a hole in the middle with a 'scratch awl,' smeared a drop or two of weatherstrip adhesive on the plastic square, and pushed it on the pins after the trim had been put on the body.

This will seal the hole and secure the trim. The ones on my Coupe have been there since 2002.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
      Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe
      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
      (Under Construction 442 hrs.)
      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
      All Indiana built cars

Comment

The pins do not need to be sealed! There will be more water coming in from running down the window than will get in past the pins on the nameplates.
        However, the bare metal on the edges of the holes needs to be sealed up! that way, the rust problem does NOT begin the first time you wash the car!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
        X