Wishful pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishful pricing?

I took these pictures of two Studebakers for sale by the same owner at the Springfield swap meet. I just wondered what the more knowledgeable members think of his asking prices. This guy is a dealer from somewhere in the area. I think Gary1953 has pictures he may post later.

1963 Avanti, power shift, air conditioned, slick paint, clean fawn interior. $22,500.00

1964 GT Hawk, R-1, power shift, rust bubbles on driver's door scattered 3 or 4 inches above the bottom,decent, worn, might be a package car. From Nevada. $11,500.00

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

I guess it is not wishful pricing if you get it. He may actually do it with someone that is new to Studebakers. I spent the day yesterday with a friend of mine who has a '69 'Vette convertible he bought new. Turns out there were over 38,000 coupes and convertibles built that year alone. Tell someone how few Avanti's were built and he might think the car is a bargain at that price.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Talking about wishful pricing, I still have a wheeler dealer from 1976. 67 390 gta fairlane convertible for $650 , 55 Chevy wagon (2dr) 327 auto for $600, 69 Z28 for $1300, I think of all the high dollar cars of today and what they could have been bought for in past.

Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

As many here have said before, a car is worth whatever you can get for it

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I don't know if 11K for a package R1 superhawk is really not that much of a fantasy.

Comment

I should have taken more pictures of both cars. The hawk appeared solid overall,but it would need a lot of TLC to be a show car and I thought $11,500.00 seemed high for a driver. Maybe not, but that's why I asked. I suppect Gary53 will post pictures later, but he may have been at the swap at least part of the day today and his work schedule keeps him off the forum sometimes.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
            X