Received a shipment today. 1952 Commander Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a shipment today. 1952 Commander Parts

Hey guys, Just received a shipment today. I got a rear deck lid, rear hindges, and all rear glass from a 1952 starlight. Question: What is the difference between the 1951 and 1952 rear deck lid. Also, I am about to do the sheet metal on my car. I want to use 18 gauge in thickness. Does this sound about right for the thickness of sheet metal. I would like to get your input on these matters. Thanks in advance. Also, I plan to attend the Oct. Swap met being held in Northern Ca.

I'm thinking that the only difference in a '51 and '52 Starlight deck lid, is the handle and how it bolts on. A '52 lid should work fine on a '51. Heck, our yellow '51 has a lid from a '48 on it.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks for the info. I bought these items just in case someone need these item. I have 5 set of rear glass for a starlight. Plus I just pickup 1950 Commander chrome parts from Hot August Night. Some guy was advertising these part from craig's list. He told me I was the only guy that called. From Hot Aug. Night, I got a very nice 1950 stude bullet nose, pair of spears, and much more. Great find.

Comment

I am using 20 gauge on the body patch panels it is easy to work with and welds good. I used 18 gauge patches on the floor.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Working...
        X