63 Lark rear spring part needed urgently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Lark rear spring part needed urgently

Had the springs redone on our 63 R2 Lark. On the rear spring there are four metal locking clamps that keep the leafs together....one on each end. I have the metal parts and they look like they can be used again. They came apart very well. I urgently need the rubber that goes inside them. Rubber looks to quiet the noise, prevent scratching and hold them in place. Any input would be greatly apprreciated on where these rubber parts can be found. Thank you

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
    58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
    58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
    62 Daytona (White)
    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
    57 Packard Wagon parts car
    57 Packard sedan parts car
    58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Try Studebaker International, I think they have them.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Rear leaf liner/insulator kit? Part# 801627 is listed at SI for 1953-1961. Is there a difference between the 1961 and 1963 that precludes the application?
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I wish SI had them, but they do not. As for the insulator kits, I have them but they do not contain these rubber parts. I need the rubber that goes in the four clamps that hold the leafs together.

62 Daytona (White)
        63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

They don't look too unique. You can make them up yourself, probably. Or, you can ask a spring repair vendor. I had mine re-arched at Cleveland Spring on St. Clair Ave. in Cleveland, Ohio. I bet they have them. If you call, or email them and work it out, I can pick them up for you and mail them to you. I only work a few blocks from there.

Comment

Looks like the part# is 1518-8
            This is for the clamp and the rubber. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you

62 Daytona (White)
            63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

The part your looking for is 1554550- spring liner- group# 1518-12. The clip is group 1518-8, but the part# for the clip depends on which body & which spring you have. SASCO does not have it in stock according to their website, but you can always call Dennis, perhaps he knows if another part# will substitute the liner. Or, perhaps one of the other vendors may have some.

60 Lark convertible
              61 Champ
              62 Daytona convertible
              63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2)
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

This is for a 1963 Lark 2 door Sedan. Custom trim line. This R2 series car has the R2 package and comes with a four speed.

Comment

58PackardWagon; I am sure you must know some of this stuff, but for your info and others who do not know yet what is going on with the part numbering, here you go, here is a primer!!

Your picture number 1518-8 is only used on 1961 and earlier cars and is part number 536757 Clip Kit and comes with an unnumbered liner.

The correct part as Warren said is picture #1518-10 clip strap, used with 1518-12 >1554550 liner on '63-'66 cars. The clip straps do have to be ordered for the correct spring, and you need to know if your Super Lark is a package car OR was ordered with H.D. Springs, if it was a 63V-F6 would have H.D. Spring 1554565 using strap 1554546, if a Std. 4 leaf spring it is 1559758 with NO straps listed.

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

Looks like the part# is 1518-8
                  This is for the clamp and the rubber. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My parts manual for that year is loaned out. I used one for 1956, thinking that they would be the same. My mistake, thanks for the info. It does have HD springs.

62 Daytona (White)
                    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

A huge thanks to everyone for their input. I located 4 today and am having them shipped overnight via BAX Global. Take care

62 Daytona (White)
                      63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Well, are you gonna share where you found them for others who need this no longer available part?

BAX Global? I have heard of UPS, Fed-X and some new upshoot DSL, but BAX Global? That's a new one, how could you trust an unknown? [V]

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

BAX Global is one of four cargo airlines in the U.S. DHL, UPS and Fed-X are the other three. BAX Global only ships business to business or business to residence. They prefer to stay low on the radar and only work with fortune 500 companies. They are smaller than the other three, maybe that is why they focus on personalize customer service. They have done an outstanding job for our company. We have found them to have the highest on time performance and lowest damage ratio.....but they are not the cheapest....well worth every penny when your tail is on the line.

The parts that were sent to me were from Indiana. After opening the box, I found that they were not correct. They sent me 5/8th wide and not 1 inch. Now I have another lead on a source in Minneapolis. Should now more next week.

Comment

BAX Global is one of four cargo airlines in the U.S. DHL, UPS and Fed-X are the other three. BAX Global only ships business to business or business to residence. They prefer to stay low on the radar and only work with fortune 500 companies. They are smaller than the other three, maybe that is why they focus on personalize customer service. They have done an outstanding job for our company. We have found them to have the highest on time performance and lowest damage ratio.....but they are not the cheapest....well worth every penny when your tail is on the line.

The parts that were sent to me were from Indiana. After opening the box, I found that they were not correct. They sent me 5/8th wide and not 1 inch. Now I have another lead on a source in Minneapolis. Should now more next week.

Comment

Working...
                            X