Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty Studebaker

Went and looked at a '61 Hawk today.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Getting it on a trailer may be challenging
    Mono mind in a stereo world

That will buff!!

Comment

A little tape, some house paint and a few hours of TLC and she'll look like brand new.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
      58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
      58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
      62 Daytona (White)
      63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
      57 Packard Wagon parts car
      57 Packard sedan parts car
      58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Comment

A little tape, some house paint and a few hours of TLC and she'll look like brand new.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
        58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
        58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
        62 Daytona (White)
        63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
        57 Packard Wagon parts car
        57 Packard sedan parts car
        58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Comment

There's that windshield surround again.
          Bill
          http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
          sigpic

Comment

There's that windshield surround again.
            Bill
            http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
            sigpic

Comment

Restoring that will be easy finding a parts car with the needed parts will take a lot of looking. If you live long enough to restore it you will be the worlds oldest Studebaker owner

Comment

And the "Rustiest Studebaker of The Year Award" goes to...

If it's too low, you're too old. [)]

Hey, that '61-only fin trim is worth grabbing!

Let me know if you want to sell the bucket seats. Wonder if they'll fit in my pickup[?] A hot rod needs bucket seats, right? And since I'm staying "all Stude"...

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Naw... fiberglass cloth will make 'er good as new!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

A local young guy recently advertised a 61 Hawk. The add said how the car had been garaged kept and ran good. I called the # and discovered it was a car that I had helped his dad haul home from south Fl about 3 years ago. It was in about the same shape as the one you mentioned. I asked him when did he get the motor running as I remembered it did not run and reminded him that I was with his dad when we loaded it on a trailer,
                    "oh well, I don't really know, I was just told it runs"
                    He had it up for sale for 4,000.00. His dad paid 1,000.00 and I thought that was too much for it's rusty condition.
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

A local young guy recently advertised a 61 Hawk. The add said how the car had been garaged kept and ran good. I called the # and discovered it was a car that I had helped his dad haul home from south Fl about 3 years ago. It was in about the same shape as the one you mentioned. I asked him when did he get the motor running as I remembered it did not run and reminded him that I was with his dad when we loaded it on a trailer,
                      "oh well, I don't really know, I was just told it runs"
                      He had it up for sale for 4,000.00. His dad paid 1,000.00 and I thought that was too much for it's rusty condition.
                      64 Champ long bed V8
                      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

A few summers ago I went to look at a 4dr. bullet-nose that was "in pretty decent shape" but needed to be sold. It turned out to be behind a barn and in about the same condition as this car[xx(]

I told the seller it was probably going to break in half when somebody tried to move it, to which he took offense. Then he said, "Oh, the h*** with it, just give me 2 grand and take it!"

It sure was hard to politely take my leave- quickly[B)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

A few summers ago I went to look at a 4dr. bullet-nose that was "in pretty decent shape" but needed to be sold. It turned out to be behind a barn and in about the same condition as this car[xx(]

I told the seller it was probably going to break in half when somebody tried to move it, to which he took offense. Then he said, "Oh, the h*** with it, just give me 2 grand and take it!"

It sure was hard to politely take my leave- quickly[B)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I wonder if it's not getting to the stage where even these cars could be purchased and the usable parts saved before the all disappear?

John Clements
                            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                            Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
                            Lockleys South Australia
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

That's a lot of what I do, John... I've got room to keep them whole, also. BACK OFF, CRUSHER!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X