Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R1 Lark Steal- Hit the BIN (except JDP)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 Lark Steal- Hit the BIN (except JDP)!

If I had the money in hand I wouldn't be telling you, I'd be already on my way after it:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

I've known this car for many years and it is as described. [^] See it on Page 18 of the November 2007 Turning Wheels, with the newlyweds! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I've known this car for many years and it is as described. [^] See it on Page 18 of the November 2007 Turning Wheels, with the newlyweds! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That car is sweet!

James and Stephenie Bell have an identical one here in Bellingham in their collection. It is beautifully restored. The only diff is that their's has a red interior.

The ultimate Cruiser [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

That car is sweet!

James and Stephenie Bell have an identical one here in Bellingham in their collection. It is beautifully restored. The only diff is that their's has a red interior.

The ultimate Cruiser [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

It obvciously sported one of the little notation tags under one screw of the body tag. Any idea of what it might have said?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It obvciously sported one of the little notation tags under one screw of the body tag. Any idea of what it might have said?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

I have nothing but conjecture to base this on.....but maybe 'HD Fightomatic' ??

Paul
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

You had me excited for a minute, but even at the BIN it's a lot of money for a 4 door car needing paint and interior for me. Might be a bargain to others though, so take my opionion for just that.
                  I'd be 20K in doing a restoration in a heart beat and I can't get a third of that for a nice Cruiser. Oddly, AC would add more value then the R1, it's the R2 option that drives silly bids.
                  For a 4 door fan for a solid driver as a keeper, none of the above counts for much.

JDP/Maryland
                  "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

You had me excited for a minute, but even at the BIN it's a lot of money for a 4 door car needing paint and interior for me. Might be a bargain to others though, so take my opionion for just that.
                    I'd be 20K in doing a restoration in a heart beat and I can't get a third of that for a nice Cruiser. Oddly, AC would add more value then the R1, it's the R2 option that drives silly bids.
                    For a 4 door fan for a solid driver as a keeper, none of the above counts for much.

JDP/Maryland
                    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                    Thomas Jefferson
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Glad I could get your blood pumping anyway, John!

My conclusion of "steal" is based on:

Factory R1 4 door Cruiser
                      Solid body
                      Well equipped
                      My favorite year R1 car!

AND-

The last R1 4dr. on eBay did almost the BIN and it's condition wasn't nearly as good as this one... AND one of our top Stude experts paid that!

All that added together made me sure I'd hit the BIN; then finding out that BP knows the car sealed it (for me). YMMV. If I had it I'd just do paint, interior, ditch those white-letter tires,and add A/C. Then it'd be perfect to me[^]

As a pure home-run resale car, JP is probably correct; under those criteria it's probably not a steal... so I fixed the thread title

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Glad I could get your blood pumping anyway, John!

My conclusion of "steal" is based on:

Factory R1 4 door Cruiser
                        Solid body
                        Well equipped
                        My favorite year R1 car!

AND-

The last R1 4dr. on eBay did almost the BIN and it's condition wasn't nearly as good as this one... AND one of our top Stude experts paid that!

All that added together made me sure I'd hit the BIN; then finding out that BP knows the car sealed it (for me). YMMV. If I had it I'd just do paint, interior, ditch those white-letter tires,and add A/C. Then it'd be perfect to me[^]

As a pure home-run resale car, JP is probably correct; under those criteria it's probably not a steal... so I fixed the thread title

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner
                          Thanks for the chuckle Robert!

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar Deluxe
                          Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                          May 23 & 24, 2009?
                          </h5>
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner
                            Thanks for the chuckle Robert!

<h5>Mark
                            '57 Transtar Deluxe
                            Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                            May 23 & 24, 2009?
                            </h5>
                            Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander

Comment

No need to edit the title, it may go nuts. I'm just one opinion, and I am not four door person.

JDP/Maryland
                              Thomas Jefferson
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X