spark plug wire holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug wire holder

I removed my spark plug holder to clean and replace plugs, Now I need to know if there are any tricks to getting the new plugs into the holder. My plugs have 90 degree heads. Its for a 49 champion sedan. Thanks

Glendora, California

I think you might be talking about "Spark Plug Wires", not "Plugs"!

You should be able to cram the distributor ends through the raceway instead of the Plug ends, OH you mean BOTH ends are 90 Degree? Take them back and buy Studebaker wires.

quote:Originally posted by gilmo100

I removed my spark plug holder to clean and replace plugs, Now I need to know if there are any tricks to getting the new plugs into the holder. My plugs have 90 degree heads. Its for a 49 champion sedan. Thanks
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Pictures might help in this thread.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

When I have done this job I used wires with one end you finish yourself. The wires with no terminals are easy to slip through the loom and then the boots and terminals can be attached on the bench before remounting the loom. If you got prefinished, StudeRich is probably right that the distributor end can be squashed enough to get them through, but it will get very tight as you add more wires. Be sure they go in in the correct order to lay out neatly because there is no room to adjust after they're in. A little silicon spray would likely help. I am glad to hear that you got wires with 90 degree boots for the plugs. I personally think that straight boots sticking up in the air look sloppy on these engines.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

haha your right I mean the wires, and yeah they are the pre-made ones I got them through one of the vendors though it was a while ago so Im not quite sure which one. Ill try to wedge them through and see what happens. Thanks a lot guys.

Glendora, California

Comment

Working...
          X