Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRM Trans Extravaganza(and then some)(pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRM Trans Extravaganza(and then some)(pic heavy)

A little long but.....
    Yesterday I attended a car show that our railroad museum performs every year. Essentially they invite all of the car and truck chapters of every make and model to the grounds for a fee of 5 dollars. Every chapter of whatever has a special spot on the grounds they stake out. It's quite a draw every year. No trophies, or judges, just bring your vehicle to your chapter's spot and put out a lawnchair or take your ticket and ride trains until you puke. I choose to go shooting so here's some of the pics I got while at the show, and this was just the tip of the iceberg.
    Our wee Studebaker chapter has the spot over by the depot(which is basically front row center) every year. We share it with Packards and Pierce Arrows as well, so it's an interesting mix.

This year took an interesting twist as they provided a tour of the steam restoration shops. Take note of the lathes used to put the steamers back together. There's more than a few South Bend Lathes in them there shops.... [^]

We got small ones and big ones...

And we got Jumbos as well(These true wheels with flat spots on them)...

I toured some of the restored passenger cars as they appeared in their heyday. Thank the good dude claustrophobia isn't in my background, lol. Some of these cars had single seats, single beds and toilets in a n area with barely enough room to turn and scratch your behind. [:0]

This is where the story takes a really interesting twist. One of course could ride the trains all day if they pleased......

I got to talking with one of my buddies over there on the dark future of this line's SD45's due to a recent merger with another line, and before I knew it he asked if I had ever been in one of these(Just out of left field, lol). Needless to say I bout maxed the memory card on the camera looking in and out of the cab going down the line. [8D] [)][]

If your a railfan this is practically Nirvana. Best behavior is an absolute as well....... [:I]

Not only a good day, a well rounded one as well [8D]

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
    [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
    1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Thanks for posting the pictures. I don't guess you got any more shots of the red 53 Sedan. It is unusual to see a 53 sedan that looks that good.
    It is very similar to the one my Mother had except for the color.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I got a slightly better shot of the sedan. I think that one is part of our club as I have seen it a few times before. It's not a bad looking car but it sure is, red.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I have to tell you, that even though I am not a great fan of the sedans, they still make anything from the Ch*vy or F*rd guys look frumpy in contrast. I think if I ended up with a sedan, it woud be a 55 President with the 53 nose on it. Maybe even sporting a tri color paint scheme as in white pink and grey Speedster combo. OOOoooo, maybe I'm changing my mind about those sedans. I've obviously been overthinking this, haven't I????

sals54
        sals54

Comment

Thanks for posting the 53 sedan. I would like it just the way it is.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
          X