Need 55 Sedan Trim Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 55 Sedan Trim Clips

I'm in need of a bunch of trim clips for a 55 W6 sedan (president-level trim wrap-around windshield sedan). I'm especially in need of the ones that go under the windshield and for the front fenders. Most of mine fell apart during trim removal. Anybody have some out there? I like the flashy second series 55, but I can see all this trim is going to be a pain.

Thanks

Find a local Automotive Fasteners, or Industrial Supply that carries Au-Ve-Co Fasteners, or can order from their catalog. You can also find them online.
    There are many modern fasteners that will work with your trim... looking for NOS or really good used is very problematic.

IF you have photos of at least ONE of each type clip- and provide me with their measurements, I can look through my catalog for you for something that might work.

***Note- I have been able to find suitable replacement molding clips for 99% of the cars I've worked on- even the large '55 Butterknife molding.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Thank you Ray, I've been wondering exactly the same thing as Kent asked. I think I have a couple that can be used as samples.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
      Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe
      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
      (Under Construction 383 hrs.)
      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
      All Indiana built cars

Comment

Working...
      X