Clear All

• Custom Ccab on the H.A.M.B.

Here's an interesting Ccab.....
    Saw it on the H.A.M.B.
    Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Like the 'bad girl' in high school- I'm not supposed to...but I really like it.
    Baby got back!

Andy
    62 GT
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

That IS pretty cool looking. Might not be practical but it looks cool.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

And here I was - happy to have gotten the floor patches tacked in place on my Raunch Coop last night.[V]

On the other hand, wonder if the builder took steps to lower that truck or all the filler took care of that as a fringe benefit.[:0]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Be careful backing up; those Cadillac lenses don't make good bumpers.[:0][)]
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

different,

As I look at it, it has some intresting mods. At first I thought the truck had the doors shortened in width, but comparing stock photo's I'm not so sure. The back window, to me looks (left to right) more narrow. However, it shows how a drastic chop can change proportions and make stock dimensions look modified.

Funny line when it comes to removing the rain gutter.
            It would be neat to see the front end and the dash.
            Front fenders have been welded up to aquire most of the hood. Dash appears to be a wrap around into the inner door.
            Definitely fun to see others visions/execution.
            And last...as I stare at the rear fenders (stare a long time) I end up thinking which way is it going? "coming or going"

So is that the next project Jeff? [8D]

Chop Stu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

There are several interesting Studes (and Stude dudes) on the HAMB. Here's another cool truck.

Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Pat, I like that truck too. I always thought a good look would be to have a C style bed on an M5 cab. I think it would balance the "look". Anyone have pix of that combo???

sals54
                sals54

Comment

That truck looks like the builder had been doing custom work for a while, then one day decided, "I'm gonna get something and see just how radical I can get one one vehicle" and went to it! What separates this builder from most is, the finished product came out REALLY cool[8D] Too many times we see half-chopped up cars that went terribly wrong for sale as a "really cool car that just needs finishing"[xx(]

I hope this seller didn't do what I hate to see on vehicles that are for sale- did a great job building the truck and then didn't tackle the the final step of figuring out the glass Looks like it's probably in there, though.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to it's last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Working...
                  X