X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for B. Shaw (EVERYONE READ)

Bob,

I recently changed my ISP (moved from dial-up to DSL) and went in to change my e-mail address. I submitted the information but my profile still shows with my former address. I tried to change it again, but I now get a message that my e-mail address is already in use.

I tried sending myself a message off of my profile, but have yet to receive it. Any ideas? my new address is thehearns at verizon dot net.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Your new email is not in the system so I do not know why you got that "already in use" message (unless the change was "pending"). Try it again...go to your profile page, change your email address and submit.

IMPORTANT: Under new security protocols, all new registrants (or changes in email addresses) need to be reconfirmed before the system will make the change.

That means, when you submit the email change, the system sends an automatic email to your new email address to make sure it is a valid address. You MUST then follow the link in that email to completre the change process.

PLEASE email me OFF-FORUM (webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com) with the results or if you continue to encounter a problem.

To all: We have strengthened security as noted above. You may have noticed that we are no longer getting the spammers here (knock on heavy-gauge Stude sheetmetal) In addition, our host has implemented other security protocols and have been declared "clean" by AOL. This allows AOL members to receive auto replies from us (such as the the topic subscription feature). I've been assured that we are current in our security protocols.

The possible downside of this is there MAY be other ISPs that are not current in their security protocols and, as such, MAY not play nice with our upgraded system...that is, there may be a problem with receiving auto-replies (registration confirmations, topic notifications, etc.). If any of this is occuring with you, please notify me OFF-FORUM. Be advised that we will not back-step our system to work with these ISPs. We will have to wait until they catch up.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Your new email is not in the system so I do not know why you got that "already in use" message (unless the change was "pending"). Try it again...go to your profile page, change your email address and submit.

IMPORTANT: Under new security protocols, all new registrants (or changes in email addresses) need to be reconfirmed before the system will make the change.

That means, when you submit the email change, the system sends an automatic email to your new email address to make sure it is a valid address. You MUST then follow the link in that email to completre the change process.

PLEASE email me OFF-FORUM (webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com) with the results or if you continue to encounter a problem.

To all: We have strengthened security as noted above. You may have noticed that we are no longer getting the spammers here (knock on heavy-gauge Stude sheetmetal) In addition, our host has implemented other security protocols and have been declared "clean" by AOL. This allows AOL members to receive auto replies from us (such as the the topic subscription feature). I've been assured that we are current in our security protocols.

The possible downside of this is there MAY be other ISPs that are not current in their security protocols and, as such, MAY not play nice with our upgraded system...that is, there may be a problem with receiving auto-replies (registration confirmations, topic notifications, etc.). If any of this is occuring with you, please notify me OFF-FORUM. Be advised that we will not back-step our system to work with these ISPs. We will have to wait until they catch up.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
      Woodbury, Minnesota
      sigpic
      Bob Shaw
      Rush City, Minnesota
      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
      X