underside of hood color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underside of hood color

Dose anyone have pictures of underside of hood on a two tone veh.showing it painted upper body color. Bridges book states on '53 its loma gray.I've never seen these colors on underside of any two tone.
    Jim
    53 Starliner

jrock

In later years with upper body and lower body two-tones, some had different color firewalls than inner fenders, maybe that is what he was refering to, I don't know.

Certainly NOT '53-'54 models with only two-tone lower body/ROOFS though! [V]

Under hood paint was lower body color.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I was told a while back at least on the 56 wagons the firewall color was determined by the Build site. SB or Cal. My 56 wagon has lower body color on firewall and upper body color on interfenders and under hood. I don't know about he hood but I seen a wagon exactly like mine on E-bay with just the oppisite colors on the firewall and inter fenders. I was told that was because it was built in Cal. and mine in SB.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jrock

Dose anyone have pictures of underside of hood on a two tone veh.showing it painted upper body color. Bridges book states on '53 its loma gray.I've never seen these colors on underside of any two tone.
        Jim
        53 Starliner

jrock
        Two-tone does not affect the underhood colors of a '53 Starliner. The car, such as inner fenders, are the basic/main body color. The underside of the hood is sort of a primer gray. The hood does not get an underhood insulator.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X