X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect project for Dick Part II

If the frame and troughs are solid, this one looks really worthwhile[]

Too bad the new engine smokes

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

I'm over my limit on purple cars .

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

If it really is a Summit FI stroker, what's that worth alone?

I like it because it's still easy to change color on it to whatever you want.........

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

The seller stated it was a Summit 383 Stroker Kit, which leads me to believe the engine was rebuilt using their $1,100 Stroker bottom end component kit. I do not believe Summit offers a fuel injected 383 crate motor.

Comment

I think you are right about the "kit" being from Summit. You have to wonder about who built the engine and then there's the labor involved in putting that thing back together. Ugh.

sals54
          sals54

Comment

Good point. This could be a real deal, but would absolutely require a careful in-person inspection.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

I think you are right about the "kit" being from Summit. You have to wonder about who built the engine and then there's the labor involved in putting that thing back together. Ugh.

sals54
              Awww come on! Its just like a puzzle. Stir up all the pieces, find the matching ones and put it togther.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

did they paint to match the seats? Or just not cover it up before spraying? What are the chances the wine barrels were the burgundy wine red as the car? Hummmm Promo for his winery? or fast delivery car.

1955 Commander

Comment

Just for the heck of it, looked at Summit's site and found:

No idea how close these come to what the seller has, but it gives some idea... the engine has new aluminum Edelbrock heads, billet pullies, and lots of big-buck goodies on it; and most of the other parts shown look really good as well[]

Were I in position to, I'd be looking at this closely.......

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

No doubt this Ebay Avanti has had some money thrown at it. The paint & body work, interior, and motor are all things can break the bank on a build like this.

I'll be keeping my eye on it, because I may end up selling my nearly completed '63 Avanti project that's been fitted with a '95 Corvette LT1 backed by an electronic overdrive automatic. My project is much further along with new paint, chrome, emblems, rubber, front and rear discs, Phantom front end, etc. Still it'll be interesting to see where the bidding ends up on this one...

Unfortunately it is a weak presentation by an Ebay newbie And as we all know -presentation is everything

Comment

Don't know if the owner of this car and the owner of the property are the same person, but the owner of the property is in serious trouble with the city/county.[}][}][}] After many hearings, etc., they just ordered him last week to clear his property of the dozens of vehicles stored there. He has had many violations regarding people living in his "barn", and other buildings without proper...uh..."Facilities," etc. He also has a big Stude flatbed R-series that will probably be getting hauled off.

BTW Dick: This is at Sunny Acres. You drive right by it on the way to family in Los Osos[:0]
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

Why is it that everything Stude related is either at Dick's back door, or on his way somewhere or the other?

I'm just a travelin' kind of guy

Actually, about 2% cross my path...the remaining 98% end up at JP's house. [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                        X