This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project car. What a deal!!

It's advertised as a project car with a resonable price. Just a pittance of 25k. Must admit, the car is in great original condition. But a project? Okayyyyy...[8)] What would I know.[:I] Really! I know nothing about the antiques. sure is a nice car though.[8D]

It looks to be in really good condition. Check out that badge on the radiator! But the questions beg asking: Why is it a project and what needs doing? Here's some pictures (look closely at the fender in the top of the wheel detail):

Link:

yes, I know that this vintage of Stude has it's own forum. Still it's interesting. The price is scary, but the car is interesting. Oh yes. They mentioned that the wooden wheels were swapped out with these wire spoked wheels. Why?

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Ys, it is a very nice old car. But, the answer as to what kind of project it is to some people can be summed up in two words: Street Rod! Can't you see it chopped, dropped, fenderless, chevy motor, aftermarket chassis, cruise, air tilt & stereo? A lot of car guys can.....Maybe that is why the price is so high. The owner can weed out the ones who would consider it as a "project car".

Comment

Ys, it is a very nice old car. But, the answer as to what kind of project it is to some people can be summed up in two words: Street Rod! Can't you see it chopped, dropped, fenderless, chevy motor, aftermarket chassis, cruise, air tilt & stereo? A lot of car guys can.....Maybe that is why the price is so high. The owner can weed out the ones who would consider it as a "project car".

Comment

Well, how about chopped, dropped, channeled, Stude 289 motor, Turbo 350, air, tilt and stereo?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
        Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
        LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Well, how about chopped, dropped, channeled, Stude 289 motor, Turbo 350, air, tilt and stereo?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
          Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
          LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The wire wheel was most likely an option. Studebaker all ready had a wire wheel in the late twentys. I think it looks pretty good.
            Klif

55 Speedster
            42 Champ Coupe
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

The wire wheel was most likely an option. Studebaker all ready had a wire wheel in the late twentys. I think it looks pretty good.
              Klif

55 Speedster
              42 Champ Coupe
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

I think it would be cool kept original. Rod the really rotten ones IMHO.
                Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I think it would be cool kept original. Rod the really rotten ones IMHO.
                  Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

If it's survived 76 years and managed to look this good, it would be sacralige to bastardize it (sorry bow-tie types.)by gutting it and re-filling it's skin with more modern amenities. But that's just the old, prejudiced me speaking. Not PC to talk like that anymore.[:I] Pass the torch![]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If it's survived 76 years and managed to look this good, it would be sacralige to bastardize it (sorry bow-tie types.)by gutting it and re-filling it's skin with more modern amenities. But that's just the old, prejudiced me speaking. Not PC to talk like that anymore.[:I] Pass the torch![]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My point exactly, Mr Biggs! Thank You! I'd love to drive the car around just as it is! Such a beauty![8D]

Lotsa Larks!
                        Ron Smith
                        Ron Smith

Comment

My point exactly, Mr Biggs! Thank You! I'd love to drive the car around just as it is! Such a beauty![8D]

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                          X