Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the forum slow today or is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the forum slow today or is it just me?

I am having a difficult time today posting responses to the forum. Actually, even pulling up a thread is slower than usual. I thought it was probably my computer, provider and/or me, but when I go to other forums I'm not having the same trouble.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

It is possible that your connection (cable Co.) is slow, or too many large programs running, or history files or something slowing you down.

Mine is on Comcast cable and seems quite fast today, even better since I bought this Registry Help Mate Program that cleans the registry of unneeded junk.

One thing you can do is (on Windows XP) is RIGHT click on the lower toolbar in a blank area, from the pop-up list select "Task Manager", then choose "Applications" to see if more stuff is running, maybe an Automatic update is running or something. You also can monitor and watch your CPU Performance and something called "PF" usage which I have not figured out yet as to what it is! Then if you click "Processes" it shows you EVERYTHING that is running and how large they are, amazing I have 37 of em!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Joe - I am glad that you mentioned this. I am having a real slow time of it today in just accessing the Forum items. I am about ready to give up. I figured that it was my computer or my slow dial-up connection, but both are the same as what I have been using. The Forum is drastically slower today. I have been able to do other things at a regular speed.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

It's just you. I'm moving at lightspeed today.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

It's After 1PM here and it's going well for me and this forum today. That's not always the case, but then this ISP I'm with is just a slight notch above dial-up more often than not. Very frustrating.

It's this country's lack of emphasis on connectivity for everyone. The current idiology of everything being best if it's "privatized" keeps us from having anything but the poorest service unless you wanna pay TOP BUCK - and even that's not a guarantee. Until we have a national agency to at least insure that EVERYONE has equal access to this medium, we'll be at the mercy of the loving, caring providers we currently are "serviced" by.
          Of course, that same idiology is what's laid the mortgage debacle, a mercenary fighting force (that answers to no one), and the looming thrill of having toll booths at every intersection, lead-laden toys for our kids, and tainted fresh foods in our laps. So why should I expect that our internet would be a thing of pride?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

I am having a difficult time today posting responses to the forum. Actually, even pulling up a thread is slower than usual. I thought it was probably my computer, provider and/or me, but when I go to other forums I'm not having the same trouble.

Joe Roberts
            You should be able to figure out some way to hook a Paxton s/c to that machine Joe!! [}]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23 & 24, 2009?
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

My access to the forum was at warp speed today as most days.I do have a cable connection.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

No problem here with Allegiance high speed. If my computer gets slow I reboot and way we go.
                BRAD

Comment

I dunno- mine's always slow on dial-up[|)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Mine is fast as well on cable.
                    Denny L

Comment

If the computer is really slow, I let the modem "rest" for minutes by totally unplugging it.

BRAD

Comment

My Forum activity/response time today is back to what I am used to. I am guessing that yesterday may have been a problem time with some servers. Right after I posted on this topic yesterday, I left the SDC Forum because of the lack of speed (relatively speaking).

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

My access is very quick today. I use Optimum online.(cable)
                          Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                          X