58 Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Accessories

I would like to know what type of accessories were available for 58 sedans and hardtops. I would like to add a set of bumper exhaust deflectors, similar to the ones I have seen on Hawks and I want to know if there is a correct type available, or if I will just have to retrofit something. It may be hard because of the thin lower edge of the 58 bumpers. I am also interested in knowing about other accessories that were available. Pictures would be great.

The regular AC-2840 Hawk Style exhaust extension was used on '57-'58 Sedans they fit fine if you have the correct tailpipes. Studebaker vendors sell new reproductions for $150.00 a Pair.

Most accessories were pretty much the same as other years, but there were some new introductions in '58 like: Stratoline mirrors, the decklid antenna, wonder bar Radios, the continued use of the AC-2840 Exh. Ext. etc.

All of the same Studebaker Accessories used earlier were available like: door handle guards, gas door guards, internal control Antennas, gas pedal protectors, front floor mats, rear floor mats, manual and automatic windshield washers, tinted glass windshield or all glass, locking gas cap, child safety rear door locks, License Plate Frames, Door Edge Guards, padded sun visors, day/nite mirror, cigar lighter, clock, 3 Radios, rear seat speaker, Padded Dash, Deluxe Steering wheel with horn ring (both standard on President), Back-up Lights, under hood Light, Trunk Light, Glove Compartment Light, engine block heater, Power Kit (4 brl. Carb. & Dual Exhausts), Power Seat, Power Windows, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Air Conditioning, Automatic Trans., Overdrive, Hill Holder, Anti-Creep, Traffic Light viewer, spotlights, Dual Horns on Champion, Right Sun Visor and Arm Rest on Scotsman, Two-Tone Paint, Undercoating, seat Cover "Toppers", White Sidewall Tires, Wheel Covers, AC-2799 spoke type wheel covers (with 15 in. wheels), Oil Filter, 15 in. Wheels, Parking Brake Warning Light, H.D. Fan, H.D. Radiator, H.D. Gabriel Adjustable Shocks front & rear, Heavy Duty Springs-Front, Heavy Duty Springs-Rear, Heavy Duty frame (exports), Twin Traction was pushed heavily, every one of the many '58 Hardtops I have seen had it factory installed.

Wow, if the Dealers would only have advertised and promoted this stuff and the CASO buyers bought it, we would have some pretty cool cars now, instead of cars with a Transmission option and a heater!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The 58 accessories catalog is 15 pages long so I have put it on Webshots.com. Here is the link:

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Try this for some interesting info on the dealer prices vs consumer prices of the 58 S/P Accessories. http://www.packardhawk.com/packardhawkaccessories.htm

I am sure I missed something but I am also confident that someone will tell me what that might be. I welcome additions.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X