1950 wiper motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 wiper motor

Anyone have a picture of an installed 1950 vac wiper motor? I am installing mine and it seems there should be a spacer from the motor to the pivot plate thing. I just need to know what I am looking for. The manuals do not show anything and there are no pictures of it installed, just the wiper system itself. Any pictures would be appriciated

From what point of view should this pic be taken? I can take a pic, but don't understand what you are looking for.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

From what point of view should this pic be taken? I can take a pic, but don't understand what you are looking for.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

That would be great if you could take a picture. I am looking for a close up picture showing the detail of how the vac motor mounts to the firewall between the horns.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Marcus8675

Anyone have a picture of an installed 1950 vac wiper motor?
        This is the only picture I have of the wiper motor. I don't have the car anymore, so it's the best I can do.

Hope it helps.

Paul

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
        . . . he became a down payment for. . .
        Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project

I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
        1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

The 1947-50 Body Parts Catalog has a good break down of the parts. It appears there were two different styles of drive used depending on the body number. The book shows a spacer (called cushion, motor to drive - rubber) used in the late style only.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Hope this photo helps if not I will try to take a shot from a different angle.

Cabrina Dieters
            Murfreesboro TN
            1950 Starlight Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by cabrina

Hope this photo helps if not I will try to take a shot from a different angle.

Cabrina Dieters
              Murfreesboro TN
              1950 Starlight Coupe
              That last one helps. The area on the wiper motor that bolts to the firewall looks a bit different then mine and that is where my issues is comming into play. It looks like it was barrel cast about 1" long that the screws pass through before mounting to the firewall. The one motor I have does have the barrel but it is only about 1/8" long and had made me think there should be a spacer on each side. I wonder if the motor I have it for the older style drive?

Comment

Does any of this look familiar?

Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Absolutely, I have the same diagram in my manual but it is of just the wiper system and not how it is mounted to the firewall. I have the 2149-9B style bracket and my issue is that the motor (2149-1) mounting points are not the appropriate length (looks about 1" or so in the picture) Now I see how it should be in the picture and should be able to create some sort of spacer to make it function.

Comment

Working...
                  X