60 Lark Conv.....A"REAL" project !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark Conv.....A"REAL" project !

A little too far gone. Don't know anything about this car.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

<s>Link?</s>There now.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23-25, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

<s>Link?</s>There now.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23-25, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

NO link .......Don't even know who it belongs too ......No one seems to know.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

NO link .......Don't even know who it belongs too ......No one seems to know.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
          Lewisville,NC

Ken Byrd
          Lewisville,NC

Comment

Judging by the door, looks like someones been looking it over already.....

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Judging by the door, looks like someones been looking it over already.....

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
              1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

If nothing else, part that thing out if it's not repairable. Belt moulding, 2 door rear fender stainless, windshield stainless, door window vent frames, rear top deck stainless. Convertible top frame. Looks like it was a V/8. Is this your picture or did someone send it to you? I'm interested in some of those parts if you can get to them.

Comment

If nothing else, part that thing out if it's not repairable. Belt moulding, 2 door rear fender stainless, windshield stainless, door window vent frames, rear top deck stainless. Convertible top frame. Looks like it was a V/8. Is this your picture or did someone send it to you? I'm interested in some of those parts if you can get to them.

Comment

If this car was parted out, it would be a good donor for classic enterprises to repro the rocker reinforcements (or hog troughs as called on Avanti's). Most I see are pretty well rusted out or on their way. If they could be reproduced one could weld them in & take the rust preventive cautions available now that Studebaker didnt do & maybe even make some changes to make them even better?

60 Lark convertible
                    61 Champ
                    62 Daytona convertible
                    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2)
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

"If this car was parted out, it would be a good donor for classic enterprises to repro the rocker reinforcements (or hog troughs as called on Avanti's".

Warren, why would it make any difference if Classic Enterprises used a donor for a pattern? Non of their product fits anyways!! I went through the roof when I called asking how to install the Hawk fin strips and the owner said if you can figure it out let me know. That guy should be banned from Turning Wheels as an advertiser. I will not buy from them.

1957 Packard Clipper
                      1958 Golden Hawk
                      1963 Daytona Convertible
                      1963 R2 Daytona
                      1963 R2 GT Hawk
                      1963 R1 Wagonaire
                      1963 R4 Avanti
                      1964 Champ
                      1966 Cruiser

Comment

The fin strips are a bit of a pain but u can get them to work, just takes some heating and hammering, deffinitly not for an amature. I havnt been inpressed with anything from them.

Comment

In the absence of any factory stamped repair panels, CE has at least gone to the trouble of providing something better than a 4x4 sheet of flat steel; not perfect and overpriced? Opinions will run the gamut.

Any aftermarket patch panel for a Studebaker will require some tweaking. If I had the wherewithal to produce something as good, I would market it and improve it over time, as they do.

I've fabricated parts they didn't have available, like the front of the 1952 front fenders: hours of measuring, cutting, bending, fitting, trimming, welding, grinding, filling, sanding and contouring. If they had them I would use them.

Their products, and the products of Cary Fabricating, have saved me a lot of time.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                          X