Speedster info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster info needed

I know that 2215 Speedsters were made in 1955 but I wonder how many of these were Standard shift w/overdrive. Does anyone know where that info can be found.

Thanks in advance
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Richard Quinn
      Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have a blk-white-blk Speedster with std shift OD and thought that there couldnt really be too many of them but I wasnt sure. Now if we only knew how many were left !!!!

Thank You

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have a blk-white-blk Speedster with std shift OD and thought that there couldnt really be too many of them but I wasnt sure. Now if we only knew how many were left !!!!

Thank You

Comment

There were 105 Speedsters painted in this combination (code 2680), 80 in South Bend and 25 in L.A.(Vernon). As far as how many are left the number is probably a lot larger than you would suspect. There have been at least three roster keepers over the past many years. One of the rosters that I have (dated 1993) has over 140 cars and I am sure there are more. Of course the number made and the the number surviving have no bearing on the value. You really should get a copy of the October 1998 issue of Collectible Automobile and the Sept 1998 Turning Wheels if you have an interest in the '55 Speeedster..

Richard Quinn
            Richard Quinn

Comment

There were 105 Speedsters painted in this combination (code 2680), 80 in South Bend and 25 in L.A.(Vernon). As far as how many are left the number is probably a lot larger than you would suspect. There have been at least three roster keepers over the past many years. One of the rosters that I have (dated 1993) has over 140 cars and I am sure there are more. Of course the number made and the the number surviving have no bearing on the value. You really should get a copy of the October 1998 issue of Collectible Automobile and the Sept 1998 Turning Wheels if you have an interest in the '55 Speeedster..

Richard Quinn
              Richard Quinn

Comment

Richard
                140 cars on that roster, but I wonder how many are still operational. I know a several on that list are less than saveable, 2 I bought as parts cars to use on my project.
                Klif

55 Speedster
                55 Speedster/Street Machine
                63 Avanti R2
                64 Convertible R1

Comment

Richard
                  140 cars on that roster, but I wonder how many are still operational. I know a several on that list are less than saveable, 2 I bought as parts cars to use on my project.
                  Klif

55 Speedster
                  55 Speedster/Street Machine
                  63 Avanti R2
                  64 Convertible R1

Comment

Richard Quinn
                    ==================================================================
                    Thanks for the info Richard, I guess I wasnt smart enough to view the Collectable Automobile article as a source. Silly me, my car is in the photos on page 48. I purchased it from Mr. Johannsson quite a few years ago. I don't have the sept. 1998 Turning wheels and sure wish that I did. Anyone reading this post W/O a Speedster that wants to sell one, let me know. I like to gather as much information as possible on any of my cars.

Thanks again, Murray

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stall

Thank You
                      Murray: If you feel brave, try to run down Dick Bennett in Bloomington IN. AFAIK, he still has the rusted-to-the-ground black and white factory overdrive Speedster we had in the masthead photo in Turning Wheels' Co-Operator a couple years ago. You might get lucky and be able to get him to turn loose of it before Mother Nature finishes reclaiming it. [:0][V]BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stall

Thank You
                        Murray: If you feel brave, try to run down Dick Bennett in Bloomington IN. AFAIK, he still has the rusted-to-the-ground black and white factory overdrive Speedster we had in the masthead photo in Turning Wheels' Co-Operator a couple years ago. You might get lucky and be able to get him to turn loose of it before Mother Nature finishes reclaiming it. [:0][V]BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                        X