Unfinished 65 project must go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfinished 65 project must go...

What I have is a 65 two door Commander.I started a driver quality restoration for my wife,but I would rather not finish it.It has 48,000 actual miles,a 194 cubic inch 6,3 on the tree,no OD,and a model 44 331TT rear with V8 brakes.I swapped this in place of the model 27 373 geared rear it had.That rear is long gone. It got new gas shocks on the rear at that time.Fronts are original. Interior is really decent,and I installed new carpet in place of the rubber mat.Interior has seat covers oner the original seats,and a AM/FM -CD player.(Needs different rear deck speakers).New windlace has been installed.
    Since the PO had "restored" the floor boards with sheet metal and roof tar,I cut out all the crap and sectioned in a decent used floor pan from another parts car.New rockers were also installed.All the welds were drip check sealed,and the floor pan was coated with truck bed liner to seal it up.The underneath still need this done.The trunk had Classic enterprises pans sectioned in,all welds drip check sealed,and then covered with brush on seam sealer,and undercoated.The front dog house is all NOS sheet metal.The rear quarters are also NOS sheetmetal.Since the pictures were taken at my friends house last year,the left rear quarter panel ,trunk lid and right rear quarter were stripped to bare metal and put in self etching primer.What you see blue is original sheet metal covered in the $1.95 enamel paint job the PO had done.(yuck)The rear tail panel was also replaced with a NOS piece when the trunk was done. There is a small dent in the hood,and a few minor dents in the LR quarter.
    Chrome wheels are decent,a few small pits exist,and there are baby moons for them.The gas tank has a new T-Bow supplied sender. I have NOS '66 Daytona roof trim for it as the intention was a peral white roof,and light metalic blue bottom.I also have a good set of chrome rock guards for the bottom of the wheel well openings on the rear quarters.You will need to find bumpers and a grill. This will make a great cruiser for someone,but do not expect a shoe car out of the finished project. I did the best I could with what I had.It is now very solid,water tight and the motor purrs nicely.It needs someone to finish it and give it a good home.I have a Wagonaire I NEED to get to like I promised the better half.
    It is located in Northern Indiana.Please email if interested.Thanks.

BTW,I added the 66 tail light housings cause I like them,and the exhaust is like new.

Comment

BTW,I added the 66 tail light housings cause I like them,and the exhaust is like new.

Comment

darn CRS!!! I need $2500.oo for it to find a good home.Thanks!

Comment

darn CRS!!! I need $2500.oo for it to find a good home.Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X