Disturbing occurence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing occurence

Last night I attended a local cruise event at a nearby drive in.Spotted a local chapter member and we were chatting.What he told me was a scary scenario.He built a very nice hot rodded '54 2 door sedan(pics can be seen,I believe at the Upper Mississippi Zone meet pics)and he did all the work himself.Well done car that has been driven a fair amount.
    While driving home from the zone meet his car started to overheat badly.We are talking 240 on the water temp gauge! He pulled over and let it cool down.Got the car home and began inspection.He noticed lines scratched in the paint where the latch had scraped the paint.He always holds the latch in so as not too touch the paint.Then he checked the wiring and found the 2 wires connected to the twin cooling fans had been reversed.They were pushing instead of pulling.He is confident that someone during Friday or Saturday night messed with his car.At this time it's a mystery how it happened.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

It's amazing how many think it's funny to screw with someone's car [V].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Yes, I have come back to my car twice and someone has opened the hood without me being present.

When there are events that people get in free and car owners have to pay, some spectators don't know, understand, or appreciate the value of a car. You can spend ages cleaning up a car, only to end up the day with all kinds of fingermarks everywhere.

Paul

Comment

It's pretty bad when fellow "car guys" at a show mess with your car. A member of the general public wouldn't know what to do or think it's funny.

I've had plenty of kids climb on my other car...and just last weekend, some 50+-ers were playing with its horn while I was away from the car.
        And I've had unsupervised kids try to steal the brass tire valve stem covers...they said they wanted them because they look like ammo casings. They cost about $60.00 a set.

Moral of the story: Be watchful and don't trust strangers.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean....
          Looked out the motel window early Sunday at a show and this punk kid was giving free tours......

But I do trust this particular punk kid...
          (Right Matthew?<lower right&gt
          Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You know, some people, even car people sometimes look down on Studebakers, thinking that the cars aren't as good as their Chevys or Fords. I'm not pointing a finger at everyone, just the idiots who don't belong in our hobby. Most people seem to be happy when thy see my Stude at a cruise night or car show.
            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

You know, some people, even car people sometimes look down on Studebakers, thinking that the cars aren't as good as their Chevys or Fords. I'm not pointing a finger at everyone, just the idiots who don't belong in our hobby. Most people seem to be happy when thy see my Stude at a cruise night or car show.
              Rog

Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Jeff, I have no idea what you are talking about. Though, that kid with his arm propped up on the bed does look a lot like me... [}]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Jeff, I have no idea what you are talking about. Though, that kid with his arm propped up on the bed does look a lot like me... [}]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I know that people are going to touch our cars and it will always bug me. I always spend hours getting ready to share our car at the shows and cruises, but would it be rude to put a sign in the window that says...

<center>Please...
                    Look, dream, and enjoy
                    this part of American history,
                    [u]BUT, PLEASE DON'T
                    TOUCH!
                    </u></center>

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Comment

I know that people are going to touch our cars and it will always bug me. I always spend hours getting ready to share our car at the shows and cruises, but would it be rude to put a sign in the window that says...

<center>Please...
                      Look, dream, and enjoy
                      this part of American history,
                      [u]BUT, PLEASE DON'T
                      TOUCH!
                      </u></center>

Carey
                      Packard Hawk

Carey
                      Packard Hawk

Comment

When I get a Stude nice enough to take to shows, I'm gonna make a sign that says "Go Ahead and Touch It."

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

When I get a Stude nice enough to take to shows, I'm gonna make a sign that says "Go Ahead and Touch It."

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Funny you say that...
                            I was offered a 'Please Don't Touch' set of stickers (or pads) today...
                            I looked at the guy and said "Why would I want these?"
                            I got 'The Look' in reply...
                            My warped reasoning is this....
                            Put that sticker on your ride and you are taunting those that rebel against authority, or decent behavior tp mess with your car/truck...
                            I'd prefer to not put anything on my Stude, and taunt kids (and pretty girls) to sit in it and have some fun...
                            Several thousand instances later?
                            I have had more fun with this method, than the self policing method.
                            Sure, the inevitable will happen sooner than later.
                            When it does, the stun gun video episode will surely make You-Tube[:0].
                            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Funny you say that...
                              I was offered a 'Please Don't Touch' set of stickers (or pads) today...
                              I looked at the guy and said "Why would I want these?"
                              I got 'The Look' in reply...
                              My warped reasoning is this....
                              Put that sticker on your ride and you are taunting those that rebel against authority, or decent behavior tp mess with your car/truck...
                              I'd prefer to not put anything on my Stude, and taunt kids (and pretty girls) to sit in it and have some fun...
                              Several thousand instances later?
                              I have had more fun with this method, than the self policing method.
                              Sure, the inevitable will happen sooner than later.
                              When it does, the stun gun video episode will surely make You-Tube[:0].
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X