1955 Studebaker President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Studebaker President

I just found a President coupe with good floors and trunk. The problem is the previous owner replaced the original 259 V8 with a Dodge 318. I am thinking about going back to Studebaker engine and transmission & wondered if anyone knows of a possible donor preferably a later 289.

JC

This person had a '56 Prez Classic drivetrain on ebay last week for $275. I think it was not sold. http://tinyurl.com/harg

John

Comment

Possibly the Dodge engine may make it a less expensive deal as far as ownership, and budget is concerned but I prefer a Stude V8. Second consideration would be a 50's Cadillac V8 with a 4 speed hydramatic only if I couldn't locate a Stude powerplant. I would definetly consider the car from a body work point of view but the Mopar [to me] is not a positive as far as collectibility or engineering. It will not be all that hard or expensive to return it to total Stude configuration if it ain't too revamped. Then again, it might be a very well engineered swap. In that case, you might consider leaving it as is. Any other info or pictures? jimmijim

sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I will try to get you pictures but have not figured out site yet.

JC

Comment

Working...
        X