SDCer Looking for Nice M-Series Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCer Looking for Nice M-Series Truck

Active SDC member James (Jim) Clutter of Plainfield IN is looking for a nice postwar M-series truck to purchase. (Plainfield is just SW of Indianapolis.) Jim is not on the Forum, so I thought I'd post his wants here. Jim's contact information is in any SDC Roster, or contact me privately if you don't have it available. (Understandably, I'd rather not post it here in a public forum without Jim's permission.)

His age and health do not permit taking on another project, or supervising anyone else doing so, so he wants a nice truck, ready to roll. A truck that had been restored some time ago, needing light mechanical and cosmetic freshening, would be OK, but no projects otherwise.

Jim needs / wants / is willing to pay for at least a high second-place truck, preferably a truck that would place first at an SDC National Meet. He can afford to buy such a truck and will do so if the right one comes along. He has had cars shipped all over the country through the years, so location is not a problem.

(In fact, last year, Jim decided he wanted a nice 1958 Golden Hawk. He checked out e-bay, Turning Wheels back several issues, Hemmings, Craig's List, etc, and came up dry. So he picked up his SDC Roster and started calling people out west who owned 1958 Golden Hawks, to see if they'd be willing to sell. No takers out there, so he started closer to home, in the midwest, knowing he'd have to be more cautious about structural issues if he found a restored car here. He contacted a member in northern Illinois with an unusually nice 1958 Golden Hawk who had been thinking of selling it, so Jim went up, bought it, and has been driving it all over around here this season!)

Jim will well care for any M-series truck he purchases, and will pay accordingly for a nice unit. If anyone has or knows of one, please contact him. Thanks. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob, seems to me I saw one in the latest HMN just recently but it is at home and I am not. May be forth a look.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Thanks, Don. Jim reads Hemmings, so he may not have seen it yet...or did, and turned it down for some reason. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X