'63 Hardtop rear package shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Hardtop rear package shelf

I need a new package shelf for my Daytona. I bought my last one, probably 18 or so years ago, from Loga Enterprises and was very happy with the quality of the piece and their service. I haven't gotten an answer there the past several days, from the number in their recent TW ad. Maybe they are out-of-town or something.

I see SI has them advertised, but has (I think, I don't have the ad right by me now), that '53-'66 except C and K are the same part. Can this be right? Does anybody have any experience buying this part from SI? It's hard for me to imagine a '53 Land Cruiser would have the same package shelf dimensions as a '63 Daytona Hardtop, but I could be wrong. I'd rather not have to trim it if I don't have to.

Thanks,
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Same part number in the SI book, you need to specify year, model and color to get the one for your car.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JP, I'll order one tomorrow.

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Same part number in the SI book, you need to specify year, model and color to get the one for your car.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      All are in Australia now

Comment

And whatever you do, Bill, be sure to secure the new shelf carefully, so you won't be tempted to leave the car in Drive while checking for a rattle or noise back there....[V][:0][8D] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

OK, OK wise guy!

You wouldn't believe the way my warped old cardboard one sings like a tuning fork after the car's warmed up. It stops the second you touch it.

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

And whatever you do, Bill, be sure to secure the new shelf carefully, so you won't be tempted to leave the car in Drive while checking for a rattle or noise back there....[V][:0][8D] BP
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          All are in Australia now

Comment

If your old one is warped, upon removal you could straghten it by wetting the rear side with water, lay it on your concrete driveway and put something such as a board with some bricks on top of it until it dries. worked for me. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

you need to call in the evening to contact Loga E. G.L. McVey

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8
                "If your old one is warped, upon removal you could straghten it by wetting the rear side with water, lay it on your concrete driveway and put something such as a board with some bricks on top of it until it dries. worked for me."

Jim, you may not be aware, he is staying clear of his driveway projects for a while!

Comment

Bill,

You may want to contact Jim Lawrence at FBN Enterprises, 304-337-8693. I got the shelf for my '64 from him. Great fit and reasonable price.

Jim Bradley
                  Lewistown PA
                  '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
                  Jim Bradley
                  Lake Monticello, VA
                  '78 Avanti II
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with Rerun- Jim's another good source, and a great guy to boot![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Jim Lawrence also does meticulous upholstery work. ASK THE MAN WHO OWNS SOME jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks all, for the advice. A few days ago I just went and ordered one from SI. Don't have it yet.

Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Jim Lawrence also does meticulous upholstery work. ASK THE MAN WHO OWNS SOME jimmijim
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                        X