"Small hole in floor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Small hole in floor"

Looked like a nice Lark, seller says "small hole in floor", but a close look seems to show the small hole is all that showing under the torn mat.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Pictures? Link?

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23-25, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

There's that color again! I remember three different '62 Larks in my hometown, driven by folks we knew, when I was a kid...two four-doors and a wagon...ALL were this same color!

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Looked like a nice Lark, seller says "small hole in floor", but a close look seems to show the small hole is all that showing under the torn mat.
          John,

Everything is relative. In New York, THAT is a SMALL hole.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I guess my point is, it's the hole you can see, pull the mat back, and it'll get bigger.

JDP/Maryland
            "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
            Thomas Jefferson
            JDP Maryland

Comment

I guess my point is, it's the hole you can see, pull the mat back, and it'll get bigger.
              No doubt, and I bet it has a mate on the other side....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Yeah... I guarantee it's probably an 8"x12" hole- on both sides[xx(] Well played, seller, not looking under the mat...........

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Cute car, just priced way too high. This 61's still available after two tours on eBay:

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

JDP
                    He just transposed the words, John. He meant to say, "Small floor in hole."

Just a typo, you understand...[:0][}]BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

He just transposed the words, John. He meant to say, "Small floor in hole."

Just a typo, you understand...[:0][}]BP

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Here we go again. Priced too high? Hmmh! If it was 100.00 and you invested 2000.00 to spiff it up so it would bring 3500.00 that would leave you with 1400.00 for your efforts. Guess what? Ain't gonna happen. Well probably not. If you paid 2000.00 and put another 2000.00 in it in parts and did the labor for free you may get your money back only if you don't f!$^ it up. Like said before, we don't love these cars for their return on investment. I am a CASO but I reserve my cheap assedness mostly for other venues not related to Studes or Stude parts. Sure I like underpaying fair market value but if I need a part for a Stude or a Stude for that matter, I know the market, what I am willing to pay, and most folks are willing to compromise a little to make a sale. I don't mind people making a buck or two or three or four or more in the name of the Stude hobby. I'm not going to beat them down on their price too much. I've given more stuff away than sold and have never been reciprocated. I once sold about 12,O00.00 worth of STUDE STUFF for the ridiculously low price of 4,000 which included a 90% body off restored 63 R1 Hawk. Nice piece. The fellow who bought it is a stude parts dealer and hobbyist. While attending the Reedsville swap meet
                        in 04 I noticed, on his table a trunk emblem plastic insert that I had refurbished the red, white, and blue colors in testors metal flake model paint. Not good enough for him as he had NOS but I liked it and it was somewhat sentimental to me and was all I would of had left from my 15 year project had I kept it. !$^%^,[not his real name] as I don't want to embarass him on the forum. "As I see on your table, you are selling my old trunk emblem." Yeah. "Would you mind giving it back as you are not going to use it on the car I sold you? It is somewhat meaningful to me." [reply] Oh no!, I can't give anything away. [translation] greed has no limits] I got it back only by horse trading. On another note, some of you folks are in proximity to many more Studes than a number of us because of geographic location or you happen to have been involved for quite a number of years, or you just happen to like to rescue orphans because you like a Studebaker junkyard as opposed to a couple fine examples. To each his own. Just cause you may have your back yard full of undesirable condition Studes that you picked up for a song and dance doesn't mean you are qualified to post your appraisal of someones Stude when it hits the auction. When a reproduction mirror, vent window rubber,seat kit, carpet' or other part or service sells for the going rates. Why is 2000.00 too much to spend for a candidate to attach these parts to. Someone might appreciate owning that bread and butter Lark if it wasn't degraded on the forum. Quite possibly a future or now member. Just because a person has the ability to purchase a Stude for less than one that is comparable, and featured at the same time in a different locale does not in my mind set the worth of one or the other. We all can't drive pristine condition Hawks, Larks, Avantis or for that matter any Stude. Some of you folks have the luxury of underpaying for your cars and some of us pay more because we deem them worth it to us for whatever reason. Look at the situation this way. The new owner of that Lark may very well be in the market for parts that he will probably purchase from our vendors. I doub't you will hear them slamming the price of that car. By the way. How much is a 1961 Chevy Biscayne 6 cyl. stick worth. Just a small rust hole in the floor. jimmijim

Ie
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Jeez, dude, did someone touch a nerve?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                          '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

What I see in the listing is "rust hole in floor", not "a small hole in floor."
                            The car does not look too bad to me, but I also live in the Hudson Valley where this car is located.
                            This car is quite a bit closed to BAMS than the 1963 in Cold Spring is &lt;G&gt;.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Here we go again. Priced too high? Hmmh! If it was 100.00 and you invested 2000.00 to spiff it up so it would bring 3500.00 that would leave you with 1400.00 for your efforts. Guess what? Ain't gonna happen. Well probably not. If you paid 2000.00 and put another 2000.00 in it in parts and did the labor for free you may get your money back only if you don't f!$^ it up. Like said before, we don't love these cars for their return on investment. I am a CASO but I reserve my cheap assedness mostly for other venues not related to Studes or Stude parts. Sure I like underpaying fair market value but if I need a part for a Stude or a Stude for that matter, I know the market, what I am willing to pay, and most folks are willing to compromise a little to make a sale. I don't mind people making a buck or two or three or four or more in the name of the Stude hobby. I'm not going to beat them down on their price too much. I've given more stuff away than sold and have never been reciprocated. I once sold about 12,O00.00 worth of STUDE STUFF for the ridiculously low price of 4,000 which included a 90% body off restored 63 R1 Hawk. Nice piece. The fellow who bought it is a stude parts dealer and hobbyist. While attending the Reedsville swap meet
                              in 04 I noticed, on his table a trunk emblem plastic insert that I had refurbished the red, white, and blue colors in testors metal flake model paint. Not good enough for him as he had NOS but I liked it and it was somewhat sentimental to me and was all I would of had left from my 15 year project had I kept it. !$^%^,[not his real name] as I don't want to embarass him on the forum. "As I see on your table, you are selling my old trunk emblem." Yeah. "Would you mind giving it back as you are not going to use it on the car I sold you? It is somewhat meaningful to me." [reply] Oh no!, I can't give anything away. [translation] greed has no limits] I got it back only by horse trading. On another note, some of you folks are in proximity to many more Studes than a number of us because of geographic location or you happen to have been involved for quite a number of years, or you just happen to like to rescue orphans because you like a Studebaker junkyard as opposed to a couple fine examples. To each his own. Just cause you may have your back yard full of undesirable condition Studes that you picked up for a song and dance doesn't mean you are qualified to post your appraisal of someones Stude when it hits the auction. When a reproduction mirror, vent window rubber,seat kit, carpet' or other part or service sells for the going rates. Why is 2000.00 too much to spend for a candidate to attach these parts to. Someone might appreciate owning that bread and butter Lark if it wasn't degraded on the forum. Quite possibly a future or now member. Just because a person has the ability to purchase a Stude for less than one that is comparable, and featured at the same time in a different locale does not in my mind set the worth of one or the other. We all can't drive pristine condition Hawks, Larks, Avantis or for that matter any Stude. Some of you folks have the luxury of underpaying for your cars and some of us pay more because we deem them worth it to us for whatever reason. Look at the situation this way. The new owner of that Lark may very well be in the market for parts that he will probably purchase from our vendors. I doub't you will hear them slamming the price of that car. By the way. How much is a 1961 Chevy Biscayne 6 cyl. stick worth. Just a small rust hole in the floor. jimmijim
                              I see what you're trying to say, but your reasoning is flawed.

Speaking for myself, when I opine on the value of a car, I base it on actual market price. That is, what comparable vehicles have been changing hands for recently. Real estate, for example, is appraised

Comment

Working...
                              X