Pic Needed: '62-'66 Lark Exhaust Deflector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic Needed: '62-'66 Lark Exhaust Deflector

Does anyone have pictures of a car with the optional AC-3245 exhaust deflectors (chrome exhaust tips)? These were accessories for the 1962 thru 1966 Lark-type vehicles.

I know there is a representation in the accessory manual, but generally take these illustrations with a grain of salt<G>.

Thanks, Paul
    Winson-Salem NC
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Paul; in all my 56 years of Stude. watching, many SDC car shows and having worked at 2 dealers, an "after Stude." parts store and being at many Dealerships when the cars were new, I can not honestly say that I have EVER seen one installed! [:0]

The only pic I know of that is available is the one you probably got the AC part number from, the '64 Accessory book.

However, I see absolutely no need for the useless thing which accounts for the fact that the sold units could probably be counted on two hands!

I would use the correct factory shape for your tailpipes which is rarely, if ever done now-days. They were routed as close to the car centerline (fuel tank) as possible and will have the '63-'64 Dodge look. The pipes are straight after the rear axle hump next to the fuel tank, then curve UP and back down and are sawed off level with the ground. It was only visible at the curve down end, but shot the exhaust down and out away from the bumper and looked very cool, like the big Ramchargers did. [^] [^]

These look quite nice with either the original Aluminumized finish or aluminum paint, so no need for dressing up with chrome or extending farther out either. [^]

The tire casing tailpipe support strap goes onto a clip welded on near the end of the pipe, and attached to the rearmost frame crossmember.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Paul-
      I think I have a couple of NOS ones still in the boxes. Unfortunately, I just got out of the hospital after some minor surgery, and am not entirely mobile. Will see if I can find them this weekend and maybe take a picture or two.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

Paul-
        I think I have a couple of NOS ones still in the boxes. Unfortunately, I just got out of the hospital after some minor surgery, and am not entirely mobile. Will see if I can find them this weekend and maybe take a picture or two.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Great, thanks Skip!!

If there are any kind of instructions, please snap a picture of them. I know exhaust tips are not rocket science, but I'm kinda curious how the tips would fit over the ends of the pipes, since they are pointed somewhat down towards the ground.

I was hoping someone would have a pic of these on a car.....maybe like Bob Palma, the guy with all those white '64s <G>.

Paul
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark
          I was hoping someone would have a pic of these on a car.....maybe like Bob Palma, the guy with all those white '64s <G>.

Paul
          I appreciate your confidence, Paul, but I don't recall ever seeing any of these deflectors, much less having any! [:0]BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

For those that don't know Skip, he's a obsessive accessory collector. He even buys stuff he would never put on his car. If I recall correctly, he has a GM factory CB radio for the 61 SS Chevy convertible he's owned since new.

JDP/Maryland
            "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
            Thomas Jefferson
            JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

For those that don't know Skip, he's a obsessive accessory collector. He even buys stuff he would never put on his car. If I recall correctly, he has a GM factory CB radio for the 61 SS Chevy convertible he's owned since new.

JDP/Maryland
              "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
              Thomas Jefferson
              John, how you do go on. The NOS radios I have for my 62 Chevy are just ordinary Delco models. The factory CBs weren't available till the 70s. Mine's for a 78 El Camino.

Skip Lackie
              Washington DC
              Skip Lackie

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
                Thomas Jefferson
                John, how you do go on. The NOS radios I have for my 62 Chevy are just ordinary Delco models. The factory CBs weren't available till the 70s. Mine's for a 78 El Camino.

Skip Lackie
                Washington DC
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Hey Skip - Do you have a Transtar Motorola Radio? [}]

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                  May 23-25, 2009?
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

OK, but I got the CB right. I bet it's still in the box though.

JDP/Maryland
                    Thomas Jefferson
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

OK, but I got the CB right. I bet it's still in the box though.

JDP/Maryland
                      Thomas Jefferson
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

Skip Lackie
                        Interesting, Skip. I ordered (and bought!) a new red & maroon El Camino Conquista in 1979. I remember agonizing over the radio/audio options, one of which included the CB radio, of course.

I finally ordered an AM/FM mono with four speakers, to get the wiring and speakers already installed. I then worked out a deal with the dealership where I took out the AM/FM mono when the truck arrived, returned it to them for credit, and installed my own AM/FM [u]8-Track</u> stereo, of all things! BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Interesting Bob,

My mother bought a 78 Malibu and when she couldn't drive anymore, I took it and gave it to my son. He removed the factory radio/AM-FM/8 track, and I still have it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

It's surprising how much those factory AM/FM/8-Track units go for these days... keep it until you need something expensive, Leonard!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Hey Skip - Do you have a Transtar Motorola Radio? [}]

[h5][b][teal]Mark
                              '57 Transtar Deluxe
                              Vancouver Island
                              Regretfully, no -- not even a used one. What I DO have is an NOS 1960 universal Motorola vacuum-tube FM-only radio that mounts under the dash, just like the Transtar radios. Much as I would like to have the "right" radio, except for ball games I rarely listen to AM any more. Even the local DC all-news station moved over to FM last year.

Skip Lackie
                              Washington DC
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X