64 production numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 production numbers

I tried to do a search on the forum for info on the production numbers for 1964 and could not come up with anything. Can someone tell me where the list of production numbers is for all 64 models? thanks all

sals54
    sals54

[?] What kind of numbers are you looking for, Sal? Breakdowns, totals of all cars, etc? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, Looking for how many of each model were made. I thought this would be readily available. Not having much luck, though.

sals54
      sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Yes, Looking for how many of each model were made. I thought this would be readily available. Not having much luck, though.

sals54
        For example, Sal, if you wanted to know how many 1964 Daytona hardtops were made (64V-J8), the answer is 2,414.

These numbers are readily available in Krause' Publication, The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-1975.

Now, if you have just have a few you want to know, I'll be glad to look them up and post. However, between all the V-8s and all the 6s, there are several dozen individual numbers, and I'd rather not take a half-hour to post them all!

This book may be available at your local library...or from booksellers such as Barnes & Noble, Borders/Waldenbooks, etc. I have a copy of the Third Edition, which I believe has been superceded by later editions. I'm going to order a later edition (they are about $30), so if you want this one for $12 postpaid to your place, let me know and I'll send it when I get a newer one. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well Bob, you did half my job for me with the Daytona. How many Commander 2-dr sedans were made and how many with 6's? []

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Well Bob, you did half my job for me with the Daytona. How many Commander 2-dr sedans were made and how many with 6's? []

Tom
            Total 1964 Commander V-8 2-doors: 1,553
            Total 1964 Commander Six 2-doors: 4,374

Both figures are South Bend and Hamilton production combined and both figures include the Hamilton-only, mid-year Commander Specials.

No further breakdowns are available. BP

Comment

How about the R series cars? How many R1s and how many R2s? Do the numbers break down further into how many 4 speeds and how many powershifts?

sals54
              sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

How about the R series cars? How many R1s and how many R2s? Do the numbers break down further into how many 4 speeds and how many powershifts?

sals54
                No, Sal; that type of information is not available from this source [Standard Catalog of American Cars].

However, that information has been compiled and is available within Jet Thrust News circles. You can buy a complete list of all 1964 (and 1963, if you are so inclined) JT-powered cars by serial number. From that, you can spend all day and all night having fun computing how many of each engine/transmission/body style/color combo were made.

But it must be done manually; you must go through the list and mark down how many of each category apply to whatever you are looking for.

Now, if you can keep your pants on, new Jet Thrust News Editor Joe Bacon told me yesterday (Sunday, July 13, 2008) that he is copying those lists to make all that information available over the internet on the JTN website. (I furnished him copies of all the 1963 and 1964 JT-powered cars by Serial Number a couple weeks ago.)

You might visit the Jet Thrust News website from time to time and see how that project is coming along...or if you want to order and pay for a set of the Serial Numbers and have them before they hit the 'net.

Keep in mind, though, as we must constantly remind folks, Joe is doing all this as a volunteer, without compensation. Ergo: Verbally flogging the help will not improve morale or speed! [:0][}] BP

Comment

While you're at it- how many 62 4 door Skytops??[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

24 R powered 64 convertibles. 12 R1 & 12 R2. Of these 6 of each were full package cars. Mine is a full package R1.
                    Denny L

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

While you're at it- how many 62 4 door Skytops??[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews
                      Not specified, Bob. (But probably a single digit!)

This may have been published long ago in a Turning Wheels feature article, however. That's why it's a good idea to buy The Precision Systems Index to Turning Wheels and accumulate a complete set of Turning Wheels as time allows. Fortunately, they still aren't very expensive. BP

Comment

TW index??? Again, news to me![:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Look at TW February 1993. For an index go to the home page for SDC and click on Turning Wheels and scan to right. There is the index. It is not up to date as John Begian did this when he was SDC President. There are several articles on 64's
                          Denny L

Comment

Bob, thanks for the Commander numbers. It amazes me that in the land of computerization that the build sheets have not been uploaded with breakdowns of equipment. If the bank can scan my deposit and tell me how much the check is, I'd think this could be done with Studes as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Thanks, Bob, for the info. I have ONE of those '64 Daytona Hardtops, South Bend issue, 259, 4spd. buckets and tach!
                              Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X