No announcement yet.

Only a $3000 deposit on this "Crusier"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a $3000 deposit on this "Crusier"?

Not really a bad car. http://tinyurl.com/6bona8 But 3 large DOWN? Wonder what the RESERVE is? A Jillion?

And this is the 2nd LC I've seen recently with NO clock. Wonder if there was a shortage back then. And, WHAT? NO warrantee? Or battery hold-down? Man, THAT is a deal breaker for me.

Wonder who they hired for the past 9 years to start it every month? He sure didn't take much time cleaning off the engine!

And you'd better have lots of time to spare if you check on the OTHER pix. Even with high-speed, it took a coon's age to load!

Still, as I said, not a bad car. Now if it only had a CLOCK!
    John

A Tahoe green Land Cruiser with overdrive would be a great road car, but some of that stuff about starting it every month sounds like hype. You would think a place like this would give the car a good shine to make it show better. JDP could teach these guys a few things about presentation. Still, if it were closer.... Oh, never mind.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice car for originality...check out all those blank-out chrome buttons on the dash to the left of the steering column...NO heater or defroster!

And the seller went to great lengths to conceal the license number in one of the photos, only to leave the number clearly legible/visible in the photo immediately preceding the blacked-out one![:0] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I agree, John. Wonder if they meant 3 hundred dollar deposit...? That would make sense, making sure the fees are covered immediately; makes me wonder how they arrived at that figure...

If it was indeed meant to be $3K, that likely means his reserve is- unrealistic[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Note: The Land Cruiser badge is missing on the trunk and only the word "Cruiser" on the hood.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Retired

Note: The Land Cruiser badge is missing on the trunk and only the word "Cruiser" on the hood.
            Less weight. Better mileage. But wait! It doesn't say "Crusier" on the hood?

John

Comment

Beware the California 'beach' car...

[:0] [xx(] [V]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC