4x4 Starlite is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 Starlite is back!

...and I still want it![8D] Good thing it's a million miles from me........:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Wow, you wouldn't know it's a 4X4, it doesn't sit up high!
    I wonder how slow it is. Maybe not since it has a turbo. Dash fits good too.
    Neat!

Comment

That car was built about 6 miles from where I live. The fellow who built it is a great craftsman, so build quality would be good. It sits really nicely, doesn't even look like a 4x4. Bams- I'll store it for you for as long as you'd like until you can come get it. I bet I could even drive it to ya.

Evan Davis
      Prairie Bulletin
      Saskatchewan Chapter
      Prince Albert, Sk
      Evan Davis
      Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Thanks, Evan; but aside from the price, I bet lots of people would have the same problem as me: What exactly would I do with it??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Thanks, Evan; but aside from the price, I bet lots of people would have the same problem as me: What exactly would I do with it??

Parish, central NY 13131

You could drive it EVERYWHERE- All year round.EvanEvan Davis
          Prairie Bulletin
          Saskatchewan Chapter
          Prince Albert, Sk
          Evan Davis
          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Do you suppose it really gets 45 miles per gallon? That seems very high for a car this large.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

The lister calls it a Starlite, but those here should know that it is a Starlight.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Do you suppose it really gets 45 miles per gallon? That seems very high for a car this large.
                I'd think it may be a little optomistic, but not much. I bet it could get that on the highway.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Fabricate a mount to use the visor as a snowplow in the winter![)]

Andy
                  62 GT
                  Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fargoguy

quote:Originally posted by bams50

You could drive it EVERYWHERE- All year round.Evan
                    Actually, you're right; and it would be practical to do so! The fact that it's a Diesel is what really interests me!

I'll tell you- if it turns up for sale a year from now, I'd be seriously interested[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

If I got it we could hold the first ever All Studebaker Off Road Race-
                      and there could be TWO '50 Studes entered that are not trucks...

One of them would be harder to see- given it's cool paint job!!!

StudeDave [8D]
                      San Diego, Ca.
                      San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                      '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
                      '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                      '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
                      '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Wouldn't that JAR the judges at a national meet if it were painted/made to look stock, and then the hood was opened!!!!

toyman

Comment

Glad to see that it was mounted on the dodge chassis "correctly". Is that why the front wheels look a little too far back?? That POS couldn't get 45mpg goin downhill wit a tailwind...

Comment

Buddy, tell us how you really feel. I wouldn't park that baby in my worst friends driveway. Seems as though the guy must have owned a D-50 Dodge and at some point in it's life the body fell from it's foundation. Poor guy just needed some transportation thus doing the best he could on a meager budget or possibly a highly modified project that needs completed. Maybe it should be completely dismantled. Maybe the cars roots are in Cuba or quite possibily the designer-fabricator has credentials from ITIIC. {International Technical Institute In Cuba] Do a web search on Cuban owned American cars of the 50's just to see what is the norm. This car is a shoe in. No offense to any body that likes this car. I sorta like it -------- about as much as an ingrown toenail. jimmijim
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

If I could get a look at the workmanship and it's as good as it looks in the pictures, I'd love to have it- I'd paint it and get some wheels and caps that look closer to stock. Almost looks stock other than being a little nose-high, and those agressive tires. I like it, as do lots of others; but then, sometimes people apparently actually like ingrown toenails, and share that on public forums

If you guys dislike the 50 Starlights that much, I can understand that; I can think of a couple different bodies I would have preferred. I know you must hate the body, because it doesn't look much different than a stock one.

For buddymander: I see you don't have any experience with small diesels; I have, and I can assure you it IS capable of 45 MPG.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X