X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLD ME BACK!!

http://tinyurl.com/5sblmb
    John

That is the most abuse of the word "MINT" that I have ever seen.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

You laugh, but if it was a hardtop, it would be long gone. As a four door, he'll be lucky to get a third of his starting bid.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Thomas Jeffereson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, that IS Calvin's new home base...
        (And that kind of money would be the biggest money seen in them there parts of South Carolina!)

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

http://tinyurl.com/5sblmb
        John
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Never a good sign when you misspell the FIRST word of your description

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

That is the most abuse of the word "MINT" that I have ever seen.
            It's definitely not "mint" as described, but its a car one could easily drive to a local car show and turn a few heads once it get a coat of wax and good interior cleaning.

Craig

Comment

One of my old pinochle playing buddies used to say "You never know what you can get away with 'till you try."

Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I sold a similar one for around $5k. I think that was pretty much top dollar for a '55 6 cylinder in #3 condition...

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

That might be a good high MPG driver for someone if he would sell it for what it is worth, between 2 and $3,000.00 otherwise his Grandkids Grandkids will still be trying to sell it in 3008! [:0]

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Even more interesting is his statement "This car was my Grandpa". I wonder who Grandma was, a Kaiser or a Hudson? [}] Got a lot of water stains ion the headliner for "been in the garage for many years".

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Oh well, eBay made a profit so someone will be happy. [}]

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar Deluxe
                      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                      May 23-25, 2009?
                      </h5>
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Hey, those pix were taken 2 years ago. Just after a wash job. But did ya notice there is no radio, clock, cigar lighter or a correct gear shift knob. Now, I KNOW it's 50 years old. But MINT? Wonder what it looks like today?

Notice that Gramps had plenty of time on his hands. He painted the fan shroud flat black and the air cleaner and oil cap red. So the radiator was probably out--maybe that winter when they replaced it because it froze up--when he had his mind on paint instead of anti-freeze.

I just hope Granny isn't counting on selling this car, at this price, to pay the mortgage on the farm, any time soon. Hey, I think I see that blonde-haired beauty in the pic of the water-logged headliner.

John

Comment

Guys I think the seller meant MINT...as in HOPE TO MAKE ONE off this tired-looking car.

Studedude1961

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I sold a similar one for around $5k. I think that was pretty much top dollar for a '55 6 cylinder in #3 condition...

If that's a number three, Dick, I'd hate to see what that car would be rated besides mint. What a nice job on that.

I kind of feel bad for the seller based on the hard to read description and I bet their grandfather was a SDC member at some point and loved that car, but got too old to care for it. Not sure if the seller is male or female, but my guess is that they had heard tales over the years from him and really think that it's worth something. They will find out soon enough that it's not a lottery ticket, but I hope someone with patience gets it for a better second life.

Comment

Well, $15K's a joke. Ya HAFTA wonder how he came to that figure! Maybe Grandma said: "Boy, if I could round up 15 thousand bucks, I wouldn't hafta sell this here ol' house 'o mine."

Am I mistaken, or are these early 55 sedans much less seen than the Ultra-Vista ones?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X