61 Lark heads up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark heads up

In case anyone's interesed, this car's on eBay, plus Craig's list for a cheaper price:

Ebay:

Craig's list:

If it doesn't get the opener on eBay I bet you could get it for $300 or so But sure seems worth the $450 asking price[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

It would be interesting to see the Build Order for that car. It appears to be Flamingo, even under the hood where a color change from production might not normally be done.

Being as Flamingo was allegedly limited to Hawks and convertibles, it would be interesting to see if a deviation was allowed to paint this lowly two-door the more expensive color, probably at an extra cost...and if so, how much? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I've seen a few in that color- are you saying specifically 61s? The ones I saw were 59 or 60, I believe.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

darn, I would buy that in a heartbeat IF it was closer to the midwest!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I've seen a few in that color- are you saying specifically 61s? The ones I saw were 59 or 60, I believe.

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews
          Bob: You are probably thinking of the 1959 color Tahiti Coral. It was not repeated for 1960, however.

Tahiti Coral is a favorite color of mine and was available on any 1959 Lark. It was a fairly popular color, too, so there are more than a few Tahiti Coral 1959 Larks running around.

However, the 1961-only color of which I speak is Flamingo. It was a little richer and more "orange" than Tahiti Coral. Flamingo was limited to 1961 Hawks and 1961 convertibles only, and was a different color than 1959 Tahiti Coral. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ah... thanks for learnin' me another tidbit, Bob[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Being as Flamingo was allegedly limited to Hawks and convertibles, it would be interesting to see if a deviation was allowed to paint this lowly two-door the more expensive color, probably at an extra cost...and if so, how much? BP
              Bob, there were quite few non-convertible Larks that got painted Flamingo. I have see this Cruiser, a Regal 4 door sedan, and a hardtop in that color.

Here's an invoice for a different Regal 4 door that I've never seen.

Craig

Comment

Ah-HA, Craig!

Now, the next question is, "Was Flamingo a regular production color for all models at the Hamilton plant, but limited to convertibles and Hawks in South Bend?"

It looks very possible. BP

Comment

Ah-HA, Craig!

Now, the next question is, "Was Flamingo a regular production color for all models at the Hamilton plant, but limited to convertibles and Hawks in South Bend?"

Look closely at the Cruiser invoice.

Craig

Comment

Tried that, but everything got blurry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Ah-HA, Craig!

Look closely at the Cruiser invoice.

Craig
                      Do you mean $10 for "Factory Handling," Craig? [?]

Or is your note the fact that the Serial Number is not 61VC, as it would be for a Hamilton car? That Serial Number on that invoice (61V, no C) would indicate it was South-Bend built.

Or, finally, with a Build Date of March 13, 1961, perhaps they had opened the flood gates and Flamingo was available on any 1961 South-Bend built car!

The plot thickens.... [8D]BP

Comment

Or is your note the fact that the Serial Number is not 61VC, as it would be for a Hamilton car? That Serial Number on that invoice (61V, no C) would indicate it was South-Bend built.

Or, finally, with a Build Date of March 13, 1961, perhaps they had opened the flood gates and Flamingo was available on any 1961 South-Bend built car!

The plot thickens.... [8D]BP
                        Yes, I have seen the car, and I was going by the serial and engine numbers. I can confirm it was indeed a South Bend assembled car. But now that you have mentioned it, Flamingo could easily have been made available later on in the year on all models.

Craig

Comment

Someone hit the BIN already.

JDP/Maryland
                          "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Thomas Jeffereson
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

Whoever hit the BIN must not read Craigslist- or the SDC forum[B)]

The buyer only has a 2 feedback- one is a BIN on a $500 pair of 91 Trackers for $2500... bought 5 days ago.....

I'm smelling a possible deadbeat bidder........

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I'm smelling a possible deadbeat bidder........

Why? He paid for both items and received positive feedback.

BTW, he's in the UK. Craig's List isn't real popular there.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X