Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Ed car ?

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Thomas Jeffereson
    JDP Maryland

Interesting! I have an R2 block that supposedly was in a GT Hawk sent for/to the Mr. Ed production.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'd like to see that production order. Interesting find. Wonder how many cars were sent to producers, writers, etc.

Comment

I have a "Best of" Mr. Ed DVD.
        In one episode Wilbur and wife...and friends...go to Mexico on vacation.
        Against all logic, they take the horse (I guess they'd have to or else they wouldn't have an episode).
        Their Lark is seen pulling a horse trailer.
        Wonder if that car is still around?
        I'd guess it was a V-8 and did Studebaker offer factory towing packages?

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I had a 1963 Daytona Skytop that I was told had been used on Mister Ed. On the production ticket it said "Hold for publicity & advertising". The car is now in Australia.

Comment

Don't have a copy of that P.O. in your files, do you Ed? I've seen the Auto Show P.O.'s show up here, but not something like that.
            How about one of you mates down there in the winter season? Do you still own it?

Comment

Working...
            X