July 4th--Drive your Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 4th--Drive your Studebaker

July 4th is tomorrow. Please do what I do every fourth of July---I drive my Studebaker and only my Studebaker on this day. To stores, to friends, to the gas station(g), I leave all my other cars at home!!!!

What better way to celebrate our Independence than by driving an independent auto that was part of the backbone of our Industrial Might....a long time ago in a galaxy far away!!!!

Happy Birthday AMERICA!!!!!!

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

We'll be driving in ours. Got a 4th of July car show where we will represent our marque. Celebrate safely.

Pat

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Drove mine on July 1st, our National Holiday!

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23-25, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Glad to see that I am not alone!!!!

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

The Allegheny Region Chapter SDC had four Studes in the 4th of July parade in Canonsburg, PA (second largest parade in PA)

54 Commander, 56 President Classic, 62 Lark, 64 Cruiser.
          Huge crowd, the rain held off, and a great time was had by all!
          JWW

Comment

We are taking two Studebakers to a car show that benifits the National Guard in downtown Indianapolis tomorrow7/5/08. Should be a couple more Studebakers show up, this show generally has over 200 cars show up.........

It is an addiction!
            It is an addiction!

Comment

Drove Pete around town today with old glory fastened to the antenna stalk. Had several folks honk and wave. One elderly guy asked me what year my Dodge truck was.[B)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Drove my Hawk to a small car display in the next town, figuring I would be the only Stude. There were probably 50 cars on display from NW Montana, Northern Idaho and SE BC. and believe it or not there were 3 Studebakers, a 63 GT a 46 pickup and my 61 Hawk. I was very impressed.

Wayen K.
                Libby, MT
                61 Hawk (On the road, FINALLY)

Comment

[)]Drove the orange Champ today. But I drive it every day[)]

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                  http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Got mine out today for our local festivities. Perfect day for a convertible ride. Didn't make a parade, but it was right under the flag pole for the pledge at noon. Happy Fourth, everyone.

Comment

Wish I'd remembered to take my camera last night. I drove Pete into town to watch the town-sponsored fireworks display.

Heh - I could hear comments as I poked along streets lined with residents and friends, sitting in lawn chairs and anticipating the show. "Daddy! Daddy! Look at that cool truck!" "Look kids! A patriotic truck!" "Hey! Lookit that Studebaker!"
                      I finally found a parking spot about two blocks from where the stadium is. Had a great view of the sky tho. As the fireworks flashed and thundered against the inky sky, reflections of the bursts splashed across the white hood of the truck. Woulda made a great shot, had I had a camera. Maybe next year.[:I]

I came home afterwards and watched the doings on the mall in Washington DC. My wife watched it as well - only she was THERE, in DC.[:X]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My wife and I went down with my parent's in their 59' Lark (pictured) to a local 4th of July car show held at the park in the small community of Malin, Oregon. I was surpirsed to see three Studebakers: a 1951 Starlight Hotrod, a 1956 Power Hawk Custom, and a 1956 President 4-dr (pictured). I wasn't able to get the other two as (go figure) my batteries went dead but it was sure nice to see some representation at such a small car show.

This upcomming weekend is our car show in Klamath Falls and I hope to see a few there too!

1947 Studebaker M-5
                        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                        1947 Studebaker M-5
                        1946 Studebaker M-5
                        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                        1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Close but no cigar for me and my Lark...drove Betty to cruises on June 30 (Van Wagners Beach) and July 2 (Mapleview), but not on the 1st or 4th! Intended to go to a Canada Day cruise in Caledonia ON on the First...but the Lark wouldn't start. (Went to view the cars anyway, driving my modern-world Vibe wagon. No Studes there during the hour or so I stayed around.) Came home, for the heck of it stuck the Stude key in the ignition...and she fired up instantly! Simply had to laugh out loud. Electrical trouble struck again after M'view the next day though, and Betty's in the shop again. Already posted a snap of her with two other Studes at M'view on the 2nd, in a different thread...here's a shot of her at Van Wagner's on the lake last Monday evening before stuff started going amiss again.

And here's one of my patriotic/brand-loyal deck roof!

Comment

Went to a car show in my 64 Avanti in Social Circle Ga July 4
                            It was called Christmas in July you bring a unrapped toy or $$
                            they bring all the toys & $$ to Egelsten childrens hospital in
                            Atlanta

Lenny
                            Atlanta Ga.

Comment

DROVE MINE ALL THREE DAYS. :&gt

Comment

Working...
                              X