Anyone need Daytona parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone need Daytona parts?

I've started stripping the wrecked Daytona we dragged home. If anyone needs anything in particular, let me know. There's lots of stuff that I won't use. Email me at mbstude@yahoo.com (BTW, none of the special 4 speed bits are for sale. )

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

(BTW, none of the special 4 speed bits are for sale. )
    Matthew, it's nice of you to give the transmission and bell housing away, but I insist that I pay you for them [}]. And actually, I'll even leave the bits. I'll just take the two big pieces.

E-mail sent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Tom, do you want the Hurst shifter with the stock handle welded on, as well?

[)]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew,
        I know I need a few more items for the '63 I got from Biggs, but at this point, I'm not sure what. Don't crush it until I can take inventory.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I sent you an email Matthew. I could use the passenger side rear Daytona butterknife piece if you dont need it.

Comment

Tom, do you want the Hurst shifter with the stock handle welded on, as well?

[)]
            Na, I'm not greedy. Of course if you're going to pitch it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

[:0] 'Looks like the pieces Bill Pressler needs for his '63 Skytop have been similarly altered on your parts car, Matthew! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Don't worry Dick. I doubt it'll be crushed anytime soon. It'll probably end up out at my grandparents' place once it's stripped, alongside all the other stripped hulks. [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey Matt, I'm still looking for interior quarter panels. Are these in decent shape? Do you plan to use them?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Matt,
                    I need a couple of things, The shoulder bolts for the hood and a couple of letters from the trunk. I will send you an e-mail, Thanks

Don

Comment

quote: Hey Matt, I'm still looking for interior quarter panels. Are these in decent shape? Do you plan to use them?
                      The ones in the car are not original, and not nice enough to use anyways.

quote: Hi Matt,
                      I need a couple of things, The shoulder bolts for the hood and a couple of letters from the trunk. I will send you an e-mail, Thanks
                      The deck lid letters have been spoken for. What do you mean by 'shoulder bolts'?

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

What do you mean by 'shoulder bolts'?

Matthew Burnette

Matt:
                        Shoulder Bolts are bolts that have a shoulder underneath the head that prevents them from being screwed down all the way into the threaded hole.

On a Lark hood installation, they are the bolts back at the cowl, on which the hood mechanism pivots. Without the shoulder, the bolts would tighten up all the way and the hood hinge mechanism could not move.

Because they are a special bolt, they aren't just available anywhere. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, BP. I'll check those next time I'm at the shop.

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, BP. I'll check those next time I'm at the shop.

Matthew Burnette

Yep, Matthew;
                            they even have their own Studebaker part number: 1338616. That number is described as "Bolt, shoulder."

Either or both (two per car; all 1961 and up Lark-types) might still be good on that wreck you are parting out or the force of the wreck might have caused the hood bracket to shear either or both shoulder bolts off at the cowl. You'll just have to look. BP

Comment

They should still be good, I would guess. The hood goes up and down like it's supposed to. When it's closed, the panel fit is a little off, though.

Matthew Burnette
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X