Avanti Chrome engine parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Chrome engine parts

Chrome parts are hard to come by. Where can I find chrome brake fluid engine parts for a 305 GM engine for my 78 Avanti II. Thx.

Call Jeg's in Ohio. 1-800-345-4545.
    Talk to Mike McGlouglin X633.
    He is familiar with the Avanti.

63R2AVANTI

Comment

Very nice and sanitary engine compartment!!![8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

That looks like the master I used on my '64. It was supposed to be for a '67 to '71 Avanti II; (lines out the driver's side).
        I used a "Ford Motorsport master cylinder cover - chrome, M-2162-B301"; from Jegs, "0397M2162-B301", @ $13.
        It comes with a chrome hold down, but no gasket.
        I drilled a second vent hole in the cover above the gasket/bellows; so each compartment has its own vent. The stock channel between compartments gets blocked when the gasket compresses into it. Watch for seepage. It will drip onto the regulator and solenoid. Mine was warped a little, & I had to twist it flat.
        Mike M.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the info. Logged onto Jegs and ordered the Chrome part.

What gasket did you use and is it easy to locate in any auto supply store ?

Jerry

Comment

I used the gasket from the old cover. Look for the channel in the cover, between the two chambers; and the vent hole. I think "Autozone" has them.
            I just got around to plugging the brake light switch hole , with an allen head 1/8" pipe plug; which cleans things up a little more. I had converted to a mechanical switch under the dash, long ago. I've heard there is a master with lines out the bottom that would be cleaner.
            That's a very tidy engine compartment! Mine is a stock '64 R2. So far the only mods are the dual master, and red tail lights in the trunk lid. Both are rationalized as Avanti II "upgrades"; and for safety.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X