body clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body clips

Assembling my front end on my 56 wagon. I spent all day trying to find some of those j clips that go all over the front end spash shields and fenders. They take the funny looking 5/16 wide wide thread bolt. Anyone know where I can get about 20 of these. I am going to run to town tommorrow to try to find some. Thanks

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

I've had good luck finding those kinds of items at Ace Hardware. They have the drawers with assortments with all kinds of hard to find stuff. Don't waste your time at the big box stores.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I will try Ace. I tried the auto parts stores and Sears Hardware. They have the boxes but nothing that big.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

Anyone know where I can get about 20 of these.
        Try Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc.

Comment

Find a local distributor for Au-Ve-Co products. Many Nut/Bolt warehouses, Automotive Fasteners, and Industrial Supply companies carry their lines.
          You can call them directly for a local distributor: 1-800-354-9816 or e-mail them mail@auveco.com

I have been using their products for many years (at least 18, my catalog is 1992-93). I have been able to match up special clips, nuts, etc... that you simply cannot find original Stude parts for. Some things can be modified to work.

The part you need is: #1907 5/16"x 10 tapping screw size. panel range (thickness) .032"-.064", Center of hole to edge- 1/2". I have ordered and used these- so I know they work.

Since you mentioned them specifically- the clips that hold the inner fender to the main cowl (firewall) braces are different. They have a small hook on them, that slips into the tab on the braces. They are longer than the j-nuts mentioned above. I haven't found a suitable substitute- and they can be seen if you're building a show-car. I have these NOS... that I got from SASCO many years ago. If they do not still have them... just e-mail me and I'll sell you some.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
          Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

I buy all types of clips at CAR QUEST.

brad

Comment

Studeman , Thanks, When going to Houston today ,that is the company I was going to check. The part # is greatly appricated. Also I do not need the others. I was lucky enough they did not break when removing them. 1956Goldenhawk thanks also I will call them and see what they got. Bradnree. We do not have Carquest around hear anymore. Thnaaks

Comment

Ray- are those special clips you mentioned the same ones that are used on the taillights of Hawks?
                If so I would like to buy about $ if you still have some

Gallivan
                57 Golden Hawk
                Golden, CO
                Gallivan
                57 Golden Hawk
                Golden, CO

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Gallivan

Ray- are those special clips you mentioned the same ones that are used on the taillights of Hawks?

If you mean the 53-61 Tail light housings- No, they aren't quite the same. The tail light housings use a #14 guage screw. I like to use stainless steel deck screws. These come in coarse and fine thread, but they BOTH work just fine with the clips

If so I would like to buy about $ if you still have some

I have them... $1 ea + shpg

Ray

Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Hi Ray- I would like to buy 4 of the clips that hold the taillight body on, if you have them.

My email in my profile is no good and I can't change it, but my new email is
                    mikeg4@q.com

mike

Gallivan
                    57 Golden Hawk
                    Golden, CO
                    Gallivan
                    57 Golden Hawk
                    Golden, CO

Comment

Working...
                    X