Bud's heart pumps STRONG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud's heart pumps STRONG!

I just got bud running a bit ago. I put a temp gas can on him and he fired right up and stayed that way. I was also able to throttle that bad boy up without any hesitation. Boy does he run good, sounds even better.

So I either have grime in the line or tank, or maybe just didn't put enough in it[)][^]. I'll start working on that soon. For now it's great knowing I can just go out and listed to him run.

John
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Congratulations Great News

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Excellent John... [^][8D] Glad to hear that another Transtar will soon be roadworthy.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23-25, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Glad to hear it, buddy! If I recall correctly, the engine has been rebuilt.

John, I highly recommend switching everything onto that restored frame! I was told it was professionally restored by a resto shop, which means it may have been blasted and painted correctly, and the suspension rebuilt; plus Bud's original frame has damage, which was the purpose in the first place...

I had intended to do just that- assure that the frame was ready and detailed. Then pull the cab the rest of the way off and set it aside. Then I would put the frames side by side in the garage and switch the running gear and everything else over to the new frame, cleaning and painting as I went. Once everything possible was done, put on the cab and assemble and wire it, install shifter, pedals and linkages, and steering column. Next would be the front clip, rest of the wiring, and accessories. Finish all the details in the cab and engine room; then install the bed.

This way you get rid of Bud's frame issues for not much more work. The key is that the truck is already mostly apart. It would be a shame to do all the work to put everything back in and still have a lesser frame.

Get goin' on him, and keep us posted- we're always glad to help however we can!![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Hey Bob,

I don't know I think I'm going to use his current frame. The rebuilt front axle is already on the old frame. We had to put it on to load it [xx(]. And with the exception of a couple of holes where the P/S pump was it's a much nicer frame. The (new) frame has been cut short up front (and not well at all) and there is a buch of weld boogered up on the front also. The rear shackle mounts are rotted a we little bit. it's pitted pretty bad in places, and the paint is shoddy.

no the (old) frame is much nicer, the P.O. said it was shipped to Colorado Springs, and it looks like a CO. dessert frame . and those hole can be fixed rather easy.

I think I'm goint to fix the floors in the cab and have it painted within the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted.

John
          John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

OK, John. I was going off what I was told about the replacement frame at the time. Sounds like it wasn't actually a "restored" frame after all[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
            X