This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified M-5

Hello all, First time here. I have had a 48 M-5 modified for several years now . I have never been to a Studebaker meet before and was wondering how a modified Stude would be accepted?.I have just recently joined SDC for the first time and saw a national meet in South Bend next June. Just wondering how it would be with a modified? Thanks, Dennis
    sigpic 1948 M-5 Modified, Dennis Wilson, Algona Iowa

SDC welcomes modified Studebakers. There is even a separate class for modifieds. The SDC magazine, Turning Wheels, devotes a section to modifieds every month. I am sure the folks attending South Bend (or any SDC meet)would love to see your truck.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

SDC welcomes modified Studebakers. There is even a separate class for modifieds. The SDC magazine, Turning Wheels, devotes a section to modifieds every month. I am sure the folks attending South Bend (or any SDC meet)would love to see your truck.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The SDC calls "modified" Studebakers with Studebaker engines "CUSTOMS". It calls "modified" Studebakers with non-Studebaker engines "MODIFIEDS". Generally, they are the two biggest classes at a national meet. At Omaha, I believe there were about 40 cars in each of these classes (out of about 350 total cars being judged). In addition to the judged Customs and Modifieds, there were many more in "display only" status. We are very fortunate to have modified cars accepted and encouraged by the SDC...not many marque clubs do.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

The SDC calls "modified" Studebakers with Studebaker engines "CUSTOMS". It calls "modified" Studebakers with non-Studebaker engines "MODIFIEDS". Generally, they are the two biggest classes at a national meet. At Omaha, I believe there were about 40 cars in each of these classes (out of about 350 total cars being judged). In addition to the judged Customs and Modifieds, there were many more in "display only" status. We are very fortunate to have modified cars accepted and encouraged by the SDC...not many marque clubs do.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hello, Thanks for the info. Going to try to come to South Bend next June. Dennis

Comment

Hello, Thanks for the info. Going to try to come to South Bend next June. Dennis

Comment

Dennis,
                Welcome to SDC and to the Forum. Many of us have either modified or custom Studes. If you have a digital camera, try posting some pics of your ride( finished or unfinished).

Any questions you have can be posted here, and you'll get helpful answers. You can also post on Studebaker Truck Talk. You'll feel wecome there too.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                53 Starliner Hardtop
                Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Dennis,
                  Welcome to SDC and to the Forum. Many of us have either modified or custom Studes. If you have a digital camera, try posting some pics of your ride( finished or unfinished).

Any questions you have can be posted here, and you'll get helpful answers. You can also post on Studebaker Truck Talk. You'll feel wecome there too.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                  53 Starliner Hardtop
                  Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Working...
                  X