No announcement yet.

Also got Bud's production Order Today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also got Bud's production Order Today.

It carried good news, Bud is all original all but the 5 overdrive, original V8 & 4:09 TT. I figured the whole drive train was a transplant, but just the tranny, I'll take that swap any day. Options were scarce, tinted windsheild, climatizer, & electric wipers. Apachee Red Over Black is the originall color also.

John
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Well, if Bud is a Deluxe Cab, which I believe he is, there aren't a lot more options than what you've got. [^] And in '57, trucks were still made for workin' folks, not cruisin' around town like now.

If I recall, they didn't put 5 spd. O/D in 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks until '62 (late '61?).

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23-25, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

[)]John, I'd be interested to know what transmission Bud had originally.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
      http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

If I recall correctly that article in Turning Wheels years ago said that the Club Member who still owned the first 5 O.D. had a '56 1/2 Ton and he gave Engr. all of the Stude. part numbers to install in his truck to make it work, including the New Process number to order the Trans. After they build his custom ordered Pickup, they went ahead I think in '56 with Production Trucks, but very few were ordered until later on. [:0]

Mike found me the remains (engine, Trans. & Cab) of one '59 4E-40 that had the 5 direct (same New Process Trans), the Standard in E40, H.D. 289, 2 Brl. with a governor. It came with a Standard Oil Press. gauge in the center of dash. It was used in a Fleet, I believe it was a U-Haul Box Van or similar. [^]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey Steve the P.O. states Bud originally had a 4spd. trans. As far as I knew there were no trucks under a 1 ton with 5 overs until 62, if there were some custom ordered 1/2 tons with it from South Bend that would be something to have. I had a 59' 4E40 with H.D. 289 2bbl. and a New Process 5 over, I sold it a couple years ago. [B)][:0]

Also it was shipped to Colorado Springs, CO Ordered on March 18 1957 and final assembly was March 28 1957

John
          John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Parts books say that the 5-spds were available on one tons and up starting in 1955. Lesser trucks show '62 as the first year.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X