Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No reserve, but look at that starting bid!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reserve, but look at that starting bid!

I saw this wagon on ebay and got a laugh out of the ad. He has no reserve, but look at that minimum bid! Yeah, no reserve, let's just start the bidding there anyway. Oi.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...QQcmdZViewItem

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

This one was on eBay a few months ago- starting bid then was $7K [:0]

First time around seller had pics of major frame rust... I notice those aren't in the listing this time... just one pic of a rust hole with a piece of angle iron tacked over part of it...[xx(]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

This one was on eBay a few months ago- starting bid then was $7K [:0]

First time around seller had pics of major frame rust... I notice those aren't in the listing this time... just one pic of a rust hole with a piece of angle iron tacked over part of it...[xx(]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hi
        Ebay loves those folks, they use the "defacto reserve" (my term for it) approach. Always advertise you have no reserve then start the bidding at a higher figure than you could ever hope to get.
        Trouble with that approach, no bidders ever, just listed again and again and again......
        With a reserve set too high for the item but allowed to bid through, at least by the third run, the seller sees a pattern, should have a realistic idea what the item would sell for. To their dismay, it is usually way under their reserve.
        And eventually the just get sick of process and finally sell it for what it is really worth.
        Steve

Comment

Hi
          Ebay loves those folks, they use the "defacto reserve" (my term for it) approach. Always advertise you have no reserve then start the bidding at a higher figure than you could ever hope to get.
          Trouble with that approach, no bidders ever, just listed again and again and again......
          With a reserve set too high for the item but allowed to bid through, at least by the third run, the seller sees a pattern, should have a realistic idea what the item would sell for. To their dismay, it is usually way under their reserve.
          And eventually the just get sick of process and finally sell it for what it is really worth.
          Steve

Comment

I kind of like the 56 wagons! Does anyone have any idea what that one is worth? With the six cly. I think I would rather have a three speed stick shift with O/D or a V/8 with automatic. That frame damage is not that much of a job to fix. I have a friend that is a welder-fitter and he could take care of that. I better be careful or I'll be bidding on it!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I kind of like the 56 wagons! Does anyone have any idea what that one is worth? With the six cly. I think I would rather have a three speed stick shift with O/D or a V/8 with automatic. That frame damage is not that much of a job to fix. I have a friend that is a welder-fitter and he could take care of that. I better be careful or I'll be bidding on it!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

The value of one in general is "in the eye of the beholder". I've seen non running cars on ebay not even get a bid and I seen non running ones go for $1,000.00 plus. So the value is not easy to determine. Surprisingly, for as rear as they are, there seems to be at least one every three months showing up on e-bay. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

The value of one in general is "in the eye of the beholder". I've seen non running cars on ebay not even get a bid and I seen non running ones go for $1,000.00 plus. So the value is not easy to determine. Surprisingly, for as rear as they are, there seems to be at least one every three months showing up on e-bay. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                  Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

But - but - it's got a pretty NOS, wrong-color floor mat up front! Besides, they paid that much for it, why won't someone else??

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

But - but - it's got a pretty NOS, wrong-color floor mat up front! Besides, they paid that much for it, why won't someone else??

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I like the looks good from 20 feet description....I don't look too bad from that distance either but get up close, it's apparent I'm a high mileage item!

Comment

I like the looks good from 20 feet description....I don't look too bad from that distance either but get up close, it's apparent I'm a high mileage item!

Comment

I saw this car at the Keene NH. meet this year. neat car. the body paint was not the best in places but it looked presentable and looked like a nice driver. I love two door wagooons. The start IS a bit much,R

64 Daytona HT
                            64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                            Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

I saw this car at the Keene NH. meet this year. neat car. the body paint was not the best in places but it looked presentable and looked like a nice driver. I love two door wagooons. The start IS a bit much,R

64 Daytona HT
                              64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                              Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                              X