Any suggestions . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions . . .

As I said earlier, I plan to take the body of my 1950 2-door off the frame soon and take it to be sandblasted-the frame and the body. To save time and money what about taking it loose from the frame and cleaning the area where the pads are located and using longer bolts and 8 inch long pieces of pipe to temporarily put it back together and hauling it all together on a trailer to the blaster. The idea is that he can then have room to sandblast the top of the frame and the entire bottom of the body. Then, when I get it home, I can use the POR15 or whatever as I take the bolts and pipes out and put them back in at different locations until I have treated all of it and then put new pads in as I let it back onto the frame. There may be a better way but since I do not have a way figured out to physically take the body completely off the frame and put it onto the trailer this seems like an option that might get the job done. The fellow that will do the blasting uses a lift, not a rotissary (sp).

1950 2 timer
    Orleans, Indiana
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

OK Jimmy..
    What suggestion do you want?
    Separating the body from the frame for the blaster guy will make it easier for him to get to bottom of the body and the top of the frame...
    But you'd be better to just put some loose bolts there and let him undo the bolts and lift the body with his lift..
    Then he could to the bottom of the body without the frame all in his way, and he could roll the frame out and do a better job on the top of the frame rails.
    I wouldn't worry about the body flying off during transport (unless you let Guido (Gary Hearn) take it for you)
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I think it will be ok during transport as he took the seats out.....

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Why didn't I think of that?!?!?

Comment

When I took the body off of my old Bronco to put the '50 F-1 body on it, I found that only two body mount bolts (out of 10) were actually holding the body on! And I was driving it like that!! So I think gravity would probably help keep the body on, but I know for a fact you could get away with two bolts!

Comment

Working...
          X