This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horn

Just found out I am missing the horm for the drivers side on a 62 hawk. Is the high or the low side? Any ideas where to find one. I did a quick search and did not find one.

Must be a gremlin that only purloins driver side horns. My 63 GT was missing the right side horn when I got it last Spring. The passsenger side is the HI horn on my Hawk. Found a LOW horn, I think at Steven Allen. It required some mounting fabrication.
    ...Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
    1963 Hawk GT
    Santa Barbara
    CA
    The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Comment

Must be a gremlin that only purloins driver side horns. My 63 GT was missing the right side horn when I got it last Spring. The passsenger side is the HI horn on my Hawk. Found a LOW horn, I think at Steven Allen. It required some mounting fabrication.
      ...Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
      1963 Hawk GT
      Santa Barbara
      CA
      The 1950 Champion Starlight
      Santa Barbara
      CA

Comment

I have a box full of horns. Clue me in on how to tell the difference. Randy was here yesterday and I could have sent one to you by him. Of course all my horns came off Larks, but I'll bet there is no difference.
        Gib

Gib

Comment

I have a box full of horns. Clue me in on how to tell the difference. Randy was here yesterday and I could have sent one to you by him. Of course all my horns came off Larks, but I'll bet there is no difference.
          Gib

Gib

Comment

Anyone know if Lark horns were different?
            quote:Originally posted by studegib

Gib

Gib

Comment

Anyone know if Lark horns were different?
              quote:Originally posted by studegib

Gib

Gib

Comment

The part numbers say that GT Hawk horns are different from Lark horns. Precisely, how this is so, I don't know. BUT! There's also listed a horn for GTs that's for "Single Horn Installations", so having ony one horn may be correct![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The part numbers say that GT Hawk horns are different from Lark horns. Precisely, how this is so, I don't know. BUT! There's also listed a horn for GTs that's for "Single Horn Installations", so having ony one horn may be correct![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Just went to the garage to feed the dog and popped the hood on my '62 GT. It has a horn on both sides.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Just went to the garage to feed the dog and popped the hood on my '62 GT. It has a horn on both sides.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I would assume the difference is in the brackets; IIRC the Lark used a bracket with a hole for one 5/16" bolt, and the Hawk had two holes for 1/4" bolts. This is all going off memory though so I'd verify to make sure. I would bet that the horns themselves were the same, but by the 60's the brackets were integral to the horns.

nate

--
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        --
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I would assume the difference is in the brackets; IIRC the Lark used a bracket with a hole for one 5/16" bolt, and the Hawk had two holes for 1/4" bolts. This is all going off memory though so I'd verify to make sure. I would bet that the horns themselves were the same, but by the 60's the brackets were integral to the horns.

nate

--
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          --
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I just went through the same thing with my 63 Hawk. Bought a pair of Lark horns from Tom K at Omaha. The difference is the brackets with the Lark horns. You can use the brackets from the Hawk but have to use none stock bolts. I just straightened the Lark brackets out and used the Lark horns. Work great.

Comment

I just went through the same thing with my 63 Hawk. Bought a pair of Lark horns from Tom K at Omaha. The difference is the brackets with the Lark horns. You can use the brackets from the Hawk but have to use none stock bolts. I just straightened the Lark brackets out and used the Lark horns. Work great.

Comment

Working...
                              X