Project Lark Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Lark Rescue

Here's the Lark I just bought; for the story on it, see my thread titled, "60 Lark LR Quarter" on the Tech page...

So anyway, here's what I got:

The fenders have the usual rust, but not bad; I can certainly fix these:

There is some light frame damage:

Carpet is actually decent, but rest of interior is bad:

The seller took the nose, trunklid, hinges, wiper motor, taillight lenses, radiator, and windshield mouldings... nose and trunk are OK, need the rest plus a rear bumper and some other odds and ends...

I'm perfectly fine with what I got for what I paid; but I keep going back and forth on whether to fix it or not... finding a parts car with what I need would be a deal-maker!

Also, here's the extra frame that came with it:

As you can see, it's an OD trans; nice bonus!

The tires on the car are all new; the tires on the frame were a little older:

I want to save it; just needs a lot...

I'd love to hear any opinions you all have- pro or con... Whadd'ya think?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Way too much effort for a 4 dr Lark.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    60Lark
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Way too much effort for a 4 dr Lark.

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      60Lark
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Too much effort for a Lark 4 door? If the car isn't saved just because it's a 4 door, there may not be ANY four door Larks, say, 30 years from now.
        Lark 4 doors are pretty decent cars, and parts are readily avaiable. And, you have all the practicality and 'cuteness' of a 60 Lark four door.
        So, if YOU like the car, go for it!!! If it were my car and I didn't have 3 (well, 2 driveable) Studes already, I'd redo it and put a R2 in it. Practical AND fun! So, really, it's all what YOU think. I gotta say, those Larks will grow on ya...

Comment

Too much effort for a Lark 4 door? If the car isn't saved just because it's a 4 door, there may not be ANY four door Larks, say, 30 years from now.
          Lark 4 doors are pretty decent cars, and parts are readily avaiable. And, you have all the practicality and 'cuteness' of a 60 Lark four door.
          So, if YOU like the car, go for it!!! If it were my car and I didn't have 3 (well, 2 driveable) Studes already, I'd redo it and put a R2 in it. Practical AND fun! So, really, it's all what YOU think. I gotta say, those Larks will grow on ya...

Comment

Hey! I happen to be in love! with a 4dr Lark!! All I mean to say is,In my opinion,this one,hit hard in the rear, may be better suited as a parts car.[read my sig!][mine is a 4dr]and,it is one heck of a kick to drive!!!

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            60Lark
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Hey! I happen to be in love! with a 4dr Lark!! All I mean to say is,In my opinion,this one,hit hard in the rear, may be better suited as a parts car.[read my sig!][mine is a 4dr]and,it is one heck of a kick to drive!!!

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              60Lark
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Hey Robert,

I like your thinking. That Lark and your abilities go together, so scrounge up everything you need to make it a driver and have fun with making the ultimate low-buck Lark. Just don't do what so many of us do, that is, fall in love and go overboard.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                53 Starliner Hardtop
                Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Hey Robert,

I like your thinking. That Lark and your abilities go together, so scrounge up everything you need to make it a driver and have fun with making the ultimate low-buck Lark. Just don't do what so many of us do, that is, fall in love and go overboard.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                  53 Starliner Hardtop
                  Newton Grove, NC

Comment

bams50, I feel your pain! I have a 2dr hardtop 6cyl that I purchased as a parts car for the other larks. I hate to sacrifice a "really really rough builder" but if it saves others than somethings got to give. I mean where else do some of those "replacement" parts come from?

Fix the 4 dr, drive it and love it!

56 President
                    56 Sky Hawk
                    56 Golden Hawk
                    59 Silver Hawk
                    59 Lark hardtop
                    60 Lark harttop
                    62 GT Hawk

Comment

bams50, I feel your pain! I have a 2dr hardtop 6cyl that I purchased as a parts car for the other larks. I hate to sacrifice a "really really rough builder" but if it saves others than somethings got to give. I mean where else do some of those "replacement" parts come from?

Fix the 4 dr, drive it and love it!

56 President
                      56 Sky Hawk
                      56 Golden Hawk
                      59 Silver Hawk
                      59 Lark hardtop
                      60 Lark harttop
                      62 GT Hawk

Comment

stude s writes: "I mean where else do some of those "replacement" parts come from?"

Why, from rusting derelicts like those awaiting an unkind fate in Lugoff SC. You know - the ones that are 99% useless.[8]

I've been doing Studes long enough to watch as stuff that SASCO used to have TONS of has dried up. I was preaching - 15 years ago - that we ought to be getting stuff off the Studes that still survived in wrecking yards.
                        But it was easier to ring up SASCO (Newman & Altman back then) or some of the other vendors that had NOS sheet metal and trim. And the fallout from that was that the wrecking yard owners came to the conclusion that Studes were a waste of yard space. Consequently they got squished and turned into washing machines and toasters. [V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President 2-dr
                        1955 President State
                        1951 Champion Biz cpe
                        1963 Daytona project FS
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

stude s writes: "I mean where else do some of those "replacement" parts come from?"

Why, from rusting derelicts like those awaiting an unkind fate in Lugoff SC. You know - the ones that are 99% useless.[8]

I've been doing Studes long enough to watch as stuff that SASCO used to have TONS of has dried up. I was preaching - 15 years ago - that we ought to be getting stuff off the Studes that still survived in wrecking yards.
                          But it was easier to ring up SASCO (Newman & Altman back then) or some of the other vendors that had NOS sheet metal and trim. And the fallout from that was that the wrecking yard owners came to the conclusion that Studes were a waste of yard space. Consequently they got squished and turned into washing machines and toasters. [V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President 2-dr
                          1955 President State
                          1951 Champion Biz cpe
                          1963 Daytona project FS
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wayward Larks are like cute stray puppies and kitties. They instinctively know who to follow home! One more saved Lark, even if it is a 4-door, only helps our Stude hobby grow. I say go for it!

Studedude1961
                            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Wayward Larks are like cute stray puppies and kitties. They instinctively know who to follow home! One more saved Lark, even if it is a 4-door, only helps our Stude hobby grow. I say go for it!

Studedude1961
                              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X