Not worth a deuce??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not worth a deuce??

This has been listed several times, never met reserve. Last time up it (supposedly) did $1525... if it wasn't a shill bid... But this time it hasn't even gotten a $200 opening bid... wonder why??

You may not get it for $6-800 or so, but if you can it's gotta be worth all of that! You never know- may be the owner's ready to get it gone

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Hmmm, Visalia... isn't there someone we know up around there? [}]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Nope, $800 won't do it, but I tried for you. Of course, it has 4 days to go and you know all the bidding takes place in the last few hours.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

LOL! Right after I posted that somebody opened it... now JP's in! Says "Reserve not met" at $224, but who knows??

I do wonder what it looks like underneath, seeing that rust-through at the TOP of the cowl[:0][xx(]

The last couple times it was on, it opened up and went to a few hundred early on... I just wonder if people are just getting bored with it seeing the same listing and pictures for the umpteenth time[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I did $777, and that did not make it.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, you won't know until someone bids against you, as so far you've only bid $224.72. You won't know unless somebody ups it that far.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Unless E-bay has changed their policy it will take your bid if it meets the reserve even if noone has bid against you (IE: $1 start $700 reserve $1000 bid would show up as $700) thus JP's $777 bid does not me the reserve.Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Beware of this car. It has rust issues in the cowl area and other places. Its not even as nice as it looks. Not by a long shot. I saw the car up close when it sold here in Sacramento. That thing has been around. I think everyone who buys it gets burned and then tries to get their money back by reselling it. No one has done anything with it in the last 3 times its been sold. That should tell you something.

sals54
                sals54

Comment

[?] A title is either clear or not. What does "Clear(most titles)" mean?[?]
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wolfie

Unless E-bay has changed their policy it will take your bid if it meets the reserve even if noone has bid against you (IE: $1 start $700 reserve $1000 bid would show up as $700) thus JP's $777 bid does not me the reserve.Steve
                    No, it used to be that way; but changed a few years back. Now, it only takes the amount of your max needed to beat any other bidders' max- regardless of whether it meets the reserve or not.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

[?] A title is either clear or not. What does "Clear(most titles)" mean?[?]
                      Most of the time, it simply means there are no liens on it; the owner isn't making payments to anyone and, therefore, can transfer the title immediately without having to get an existing lien [attachment] released.

A contrast might be to a clean title (as opposed to clear). This would indicate (or should indicate) the title doesn't have what are now known as branding issues. Examples of branding issues would include (but certainly aren't limited to) titles marked with one or more of the following:

Odometer-Not Actual
                      Salvage
                      Rebuilt Vehicle

There are different brands used by different states and they aren't necessarily all bad. For example, the one brand I always want to see on an Indiana Title is: Odometer-Actual BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                      X