wiper wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiper wiring

Installing the wiper switch on my 56 wagon. Went and printed the wiring diagram off this forum. Still can't tell how the wires connect to the switch. Have a black,green,yellow. I assume the black goes to the one side and the yellow and green to the other. Figure only thing bad that could happen is the speeds are reversed. Any thoughts???

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Yellow is park (P)? Green is low speed (A). Black is high speed (the other terminal). I found when I installed the intermittent switch, low speed is accomplished by sending power through both green and black wires, increasing the resistance. Cool, huh?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thank You. I assume the hot wire goes to one of the remaining terminals. I still have my old harness and switch so I can figure this one out.

Comment

I just spent an hour going through the search mode trying to get the cross referance for the switch letters. My switch has A,B and a F. I am going to assume the A is yellow, Anyone know the other two or all three? Thanks

Comment

Ken,
          My manual is at the shop and I'm at home.[V] The diagram in the manual indicates the terminal notation. The one I can remember for certain is "A" is green.
          Brad Johnson,
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Can you please check and confirm. Everything I have researched says A is yellow. Mine is a 3 wire motor.

Comment

I just installed an intermittent switch the other week. Here's my post on the subject.

I'll be in the shop in the morning and check the diagram.
              Brad Johnson,
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

...and the diagram says,

F terminal gets black.
                A terminal gets green.
                P terminal gets yellow.

Remaining terminal is Battery, from the ignition switch and would be on the input side of the circuit breaker.
                Brad Johnson,
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Rockne 10, Thank You. I have a F,A and a B. I will assume the B equals a P. The B(P) is by itself on one side.

Comment

As long as that "B" terminal is not a stud, or connected to a stud, on the circuit breaker you're probably right. Otherwise "B" could mean power from Battery. Yellow is "Park", hence the P.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

No b is aoval connector as A and F. The two studes are on the end. I connected the ign power to the same on as my old one. (I left it on the harness when I took it out). The other is empty.

Comment

Working...
                      X