Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5H accelerator-to-carburetor linkage adjustment

Hello Group,

I'm in a bit of a quandary. Our automatic drive shop manual has instructions for adjusting the accelerator-to-carburetor linkage, but it doesn't cover 5H (1954) models. While some would automatically say that the adjustment is the same as 4H 1953 models, there was a bit of a difference between the carb linkages for those years. Take a look at the attached image; particularly, look at Fig. 68. Specifically, 1954 model carburetors did not have the adjustable rod on the carb end of the throttle linkage. The spring from the cross shaft arm was simply attached to the carb bellcrank. So what is the correct procedure for adjusting this linkage?

I need to make this adjustment before I adjust the accelerator-to-governor linkage.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA
    Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

I think what you're looking for is in the '54 supplement. If you don't have that booklet I can scan the page.

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Hi Dwain,

Duh! Why didn't I look in the '54 supplement? Well, I was in the automatic drive manual so I could adjust the accelerator to governor linkage. I have the '54 supplement in front of me now. It's been hot here; maybe it's heat stroke. Guess I'll turn the a/c units on in the garage now and get back to work.

Thanks,

Alan
      Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
      Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Hot huh? Around here we're still hearing the furnace run late at night and early in the morning!

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
        X